1. OBAMA VOWS TO CURE HEALTH CARE WEBSITE
"There's no excuse" for the dysfunctional rollout, he declares. "And I take full responsibility for making sure it gets fixed ASAP."
2. NSA REPORTEDLY ACCESSES YAHOO, GOOGLE DATA CENTERS
The latest revelations trigger legal questions, including whether the agency may be violating federal wiretap laws.
3. WHAT HASN'T HAPPENED SINCE 1918
The Boston Red Sox claimed their third World Series title in 10 years with a 6-1 win over St. Louis, clinching the title at Fenway Park for the first time in nearly a century.
4. AFTER PUSHING OUT U.S. MILITARY, IRAQ BACKTRACKS
American weapons, training and manpower are needed to help fight a bloody resurgence of al-Qaida, a top official says.
5. BUS DRIVER SAVES WOMAN FROM JUMPING OFF BRIDGE
Darnell Barton had just picked up about 20 high school students in Buffalo, N.Y., when he spotted her on the side of the road.
6. BELGIUM CONSIDERS EUTHANASIA LAW FOR CHILDREN
The practice is now legal there for adults, but no other country allows it for minors.
7. STUDY: GETTING YOUR BELL RUNG SHOULD MEAN A TIME OUT
A report reveals gaps in what is known about the risk of concussions in youth sports, but urges athletes to stay on the sidelines whenever they suffer one.
8. MAJOR DRUG TUNNEL FOUND ON U.S.
Authorities find a sophisticated passage connecting San Diego and Tijuana, the eighth such discovery in the area since 2006.
9. SMOKE 'EM IF YOU GOT 'EM - AND YOU'RE 21
The New York City Council votes to raise the tobacco-purchasing age from 18 to 21, higher than all but a few places in the U.S.
10. WHO STOLE THE SHOW AT THE VATICAN
As the pope delivers a homily, a little boy climbs onto the papal chair - and at one point even clings to the pontiff's legs.