BRATTLEBORO >> A new text alert system for the Brattleboro West River Bridge Replacement Project makes it possible to receive text notifications of Interstate 91 ramp closings and the highway itself as well as any other situations regarding time sensitive project-related traffic issues.
People can sign up for this service by texting 313131 with the keyword "I91Brat," or by using the sign-up widget on the project website www.i91brattleborobridge.com.
• At approximately 9:05 p.m., the Vermont State Police responded to the intersection of Route 30 and Route 35 in Townshend for the report of a single-vehicle crash. Troopers determined Ronda G. Parish, 60, of Hampden, Mass., lost control of her vehicle on black ice and damaged the sign of Townshend Lake Recreation as well as several mailboxes. She was not injured in the crash.
• At approximately 1:30 a.m., the Vermont State Police conducted a motor vehicle stop on Putney Road in Brattleboro. As a result, Ray M. Winchester, 34, of Brattleboro, was arrested and cited with driving under the influence.
• The Bellows Falls Police Department stopped a vehicle that attempted to hide from officers by turning onto Oak Street and turning into a residence. Officers turned onto Oak Street and found the vehicle parked in a driveway with the lights off but the vehicle still occupied. As a result, Dylan Class, of Hinsdale, N.H., was found to be operating the vehicle with a suspended license. He was also found to be in violation of his court ordered conditions of release. Class was arrested and cited.
• At approximately 7 a.m., the Vermont State Police responded to the report of a single-vehicle crash on Penny Avenue in Stratton. Troopers determined Elizabeth Fryer, 58, of West Dover, was traveling west when she lost control of her vehicle, which went up onto the snow bank and then over turned. Fryer's vehicle came to rest on the passenger side of the vehicle. There were no reported injuries. Wardsboro Fire Department assisted at the scene.
• The Brattleboro Police Department arrested Joseph Martin, 49, of Brattleboro, and cited him with retail theft.
• The Brattleboro Police Department arrested Nathan Barnard, 37, of Vernon, and cited him with criminal contempt.
• The Brattleboro Police Department responded to a report of a trespassing violation. As a result, Linda Barry, 62 of Brattleboro, was cited with unlawful trespass.
• On March 15, officers with the Brattleboro Police Department responded to a business on Putney Road for an attempted theft. Following an investigation, Lucas Bertolini, 29, of Brattleboro, was cited for unlawful trespass.
• At approximately 11:45 p.m., the Vermont State Police received a report of a vehicle being operated erratically on Interstate 91 in Guilford. In the vicinity of the Vermont Welcome Center, a trooper observed a vehicle traveling northbound and weaving in and out of lanes at approximately 35 mph. However, the driver of the vehicle refused to stop when the trooper activated the cruiser's lights and siren. Other troopers responded, with one deploying a spike trip in the area of Exit 3 in Brattleboro, which damaged all four vehicle tires. As a result, Susan Beth Auslander, 62, of Westminster, was arrested, cited with driving under the influence and attempting to elude. According to a press release, Auslander's blood alcohol content was .155 percent.
• The Hinsdale, N.H., Police Department responded to a report of a physical disturbance on Fox Run Road. As a result, a male subject was taken into custody for a mental health emergency and transported to the Cheshire Medical Center in Keene, N.H., for further evaluation.
• The Hinsdale, N.H., Police Department conducted a motor vehicle stop. As a result, Donald Patten, 26, of Roylston, Mass., was arrested and cited with operating a motor vehicle after suspension.
• At approximately 2 a.m., the Vermont State Police responded to Interstate 91 north in Brattleboro for the report of an accident. Upon arrival, troopers found a damaged and abandoned vehicle at mile marker 10. A short time later, the driver of the vehicle, Dorien John Hancox, 21, of New Britain, Conn., was found at a hotel on Putney Road. At first, Hancox gave false information to police. As a result, Hancox was arrested and cited with leaving the scene of an accident and giving false information to law enforcement
• At approximately 6:33 p.m., Brattleboro Police responded to a residence on South Main Street for a report of an unresponsive male. This male was found to be deceased. This male will be transported to the Office of the Chief Medical Examiner for an autopsy. The Brattleboro Police Department is working in conjunction with the OCME's to determine the cause and manner of death.
The name of this male is being withheld pending notification of next of kin.
• The Hinsdale, N.H., Police Department arrested William Clarke, 34, of Port St Lucie, Fla., and cited him with theft by deception and possession of drug paraphernalia.
All persons named in the Police Log are innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. If you've appeared in the Police Log, and the charges were later dropped or dismissed, and you would like a follow-up to appear in print, please contact the Reformer newsroom at 802-254-2311, ext. 215.