• At approximately 3:10 p.m.,Vermont State Police in Brattleboro received a 911 call reporting a two-car crash with injuries on South Wardsboro Road in Newfane. Newbrook Fire, Rescue Inc. and the Vermont State Police responded to the crash. Upon the arrival of Troopers, it was determined that Elijah Ealey, 27, of Vernon, was traveling southbound on South Wardsboro Road at approximately 35-40 miles per hour. As Ealey traveled southbound and attempted to navigate a moderate downhill curve to the left, he lost control causing his vehicle to begin to fishtail. As a result of the fishtailing, the vehicle went off the roadway and struck a large tree off the west side of the roadway. All four occupants in the vehicle were transported to Brattleboro Memorial Hospital for treatment for injuries. The vehicle sustained heavy front end damage and was considered a total loss. Police subsequently arrested Ealey for violating his court conditions of release which had previously imposed a 24-hour curfew at his residence on two possession of cocaine charges. Ealey was ordered held on $500 cash bail.
• Brattleboro Police officers responded to a car vs. pedestrian collision at the intersection of Canal and Elm streets. The pedestrian was taken to the Brattleboro Memorial Hospital ER for non life-threatening injuries. The driver of the car was found to be unimpaired. The investigation is ongoing.
• The Brattleboro Police Department, Brattleboro Fire Department and Rescue Inc responded to a single vehicle crash on Ames Hill Road, which was closed to traffic between 4:45 and 5:12 p.m., approximately one mile west from the intersection with Abbott Road. The investigation is ongoing and anyone with information is encouraged to contact the police about this incident.
• At 11:50 p.m., the Vermont State Police conducted a motor vehicle stop on Pleasant Valley Road in Rockingham. Prior to the stop, a trooper observed a vehicle traveling south at a high rate of speed in the wrong lane. The trooper pulled off the road as the operator of the vehicle lost control, which went off the edge of the roadway and rolled over. As a result, Derrick Robinson, 19, of Saxtons River, was arrested and cited with negligent operation. He was not injured in the crash.
• At 5:40 p.m., members of the Vermont State Police responded to a residence on West Hill Road in the town of Townshend for a report of a burglary. During the investigation, troopers determined that the burglary occurred between Nov. 1 and 7. The only items which were stolen were bed sheets, a blanket, and two bottles of alcohol. Furthermore, substantial damage was caused to the residence in order to gain entry. Anyone with information regarding this burglary is urged to contact Trooper Hashim at 802-254-2382.
All persons named in the Police Log are innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. If you've appeared in the Police Log, and the charges were later dropped or dismissed, and you would like a follow-up to appear in print, please contact the Reformer newsroom at 802-254-2311, ext. 215, or email@example.com.