The most luxurious hotels and accommodations in the world are found in Africa, Oceania, Europe and even Bhutan.
But nowhere on luxury-hotels.com's ranking is there a listing from the US.
After looking at the lowest average rates available for a double occupancy, the site drew up a list of the most luxurious hotels in the world, which put the private island sanctuary of North Island Lodge in the Seychelles the top spot. One night at the island resort costs $5,843 USD per couple.
Here are the top 10 most expensive hotels around the world:
1. North Island Lodge, Seychelles $5,843 USD per couple
2. Laucala Resort, Fiji, $5,040
3. Khwai River Lodge, Botswana, $4,060
4. Savute Elephant Camp, Botswana, $4,020
5. Eagle Island Camp & Spa, Botswana, $3,970
6. Singita Grumeti Reserves, Tanzania, $3,570
7. King Pacific Lodge, Canada, $3,249
8. Mnemba Island Lodge, Tanzania, $3,100
9. Hotel Cala di Volpe, Italy, $2,939
10. Queen Charlotte Lodge, Canada, $2,800
For the full list, visit http://www.luxury-hotels.com/press/survey-2013.html.