• The Brattleboro Police Department took a report of possible fight outside the police station. When police made contact with the involved subjects a short investigation took place and Roland Dechamplain, 72, was cited with disorderly conduct.
• The Brattleboro Police Department responded to Putney Road for a reported retail theft. After an investigation, Jacob W. Wrightington, 22, of Brattleboro, was cited with retail theft.
• At 12:55 p.m., the Vermont State Police responded to Interstate 91 in Rockingham for the report of a two-vehicle crash. Troopers determined Christopher Gonzalez, 32, of Springfield, Mass., was traveling north when he moved from the right lane to the left lane and struck a vehicle being operated by Stephen Fiola, 26, of White River Junction. The left rear of Gonzalez's vehicle struck the right front of Feola's vehicle.
Feola's vehicle then went partially into the median and struck a guardrail, causing damage to the left side. All occupants of both vehicles were wearing seatbelts and nobody was injured. Both vehicles were driven from the scene.
Information obtained from the drivers and a witness indicated that Gonzalez made a sudden lane change to avoid a slow moving vehicle that was attempting to merge onto 91 NB at Exit 6. This vehicle was described as a small, red car. This vehicle stopped briefly following the crash, but then left. Anyone who witnessed the crash or with information regarding the third vehicle is asked to call 802-875-2112.
• The Brattleboro Police Department arrested Kylie Lafantano, 21 of Brattleboro, and cited him with driving under the influence.
• The Brattleboro Police Department arrested Paul D. Mahar, 61, of Ware, Mass., and cited him with driving under the influence in the parking lot of the Brattleboro Police Department.
• At 6:50 a.m., the Vermont State Police responded to Interstate 91 in Westminster for the report of single-vehicle crash. Troopers determined Christopher Dwyer, 34, of Washington, was traveling south in the left lane when another vehicle moved into his lane. Dwyer moved off the edge of the road and struck a reflector post, which went through his windshield. Dwyer sustained minor injury to his hand and was treated at the scene. The other vehicle was described as a silver pickup, and it did not stop. Anyone with information or who may have witnessed the crash is asked to call 802-875-2112.
• At 10:20 p.m., the Vermont State Police conducted a motor vehicle stop on Route 103 in Rockingham. As a result, Shannon Rajda, 31, of Bellows Falls, was found to be operating a vehicle with a suspended license from a prior driving under the influence conviction. She was cited with driving with a suspended license and suspicion of operating a vehicle under the influence of drugs.
• The Brattleboro Police Department took a report of a hit and run accident between a motor vehicle and a bicycle in the area of Canal Street and Belmont Avenue that occurred at 6:55 p.m. The accident involved minor injuries. The investigation is ongoing, and anyone with knowledge of the incident should contact the Brattleboro Police Department at 802-257-7950.
At 7 a.m., the Bellows Falls Police Department responded to the Flat Iron Exchange in the Square for a report of an unwanted subject. Upon arrival, officers encountered, Charles Noss, 32, of Westminster. After Noss was requested to leave the premises by police and Flat Iron Exchange employees, he became violent with officers. Officer' and patrons of the establishment were able to finally subdue Noss after a lengthy struggle. Noss has been cited with unlawful trespass, resisting arrest, two counts of simple assault on a police officer, aggravated assault on a police officer, and arrest on warrant.
• At 1:20 p.m., the Chesterfield, N.H., Police Department, along with members of Chesterfield Rescue, Chesterfield Fire Department, Rescue Inc. and the Hinsdale Police Department responded to a reported two-car motor vehicle crash with injuries at the intersection of Route 9 and Stow Drive in Chesterfield. Linda Stone, 49, of Greenfield, N.H., driving a 2007 Hyundai Santa Fe was on Stowe Drive, stopped at the stop sign located at Stow Drive and Route 9. Stone proceeded out onto Route 9 with the intention of driving west on Route 9. Margaret Ross, 35, of Fitzwilliam, N.H., driving a 2006 Toyota Tacoma was traveling east on Route 9 when she collided with Stone who had just entered into the intersection. Both vehicles sustained heavy damage. Stone was transported to Brattleboro Memorial Hospital and Ross was transported to Cheshire Medical Center. Both had non-life threatening injuries. Speed and/or alcohol does not appear to have been a contributing factor to the crash.
All persons named in the Police Log are innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. If you've appeared in the Police Log, and the charges were later dropped or dismissed, and you would like a follow-up to appear in print, please contact the Reformer newsroom at 802-254-2311, ext. 215, or firstname.lastname@example.org.