• Officers of the Brattleboro Police Department were on patrol when they noticed Emery Wainwright, 21, of Brattleboro, asking for money on Main Street. Subsequent investigation led to Wainwright being issued a citation for violation of conditions.
• At 5 p.m., the Bellows Falls Police Department conducted a motor vehicle stop on Rockingham Street. As a result, Todd D. Benson, 39, of Weston, and Tyler Kinsey, 21, of South Londonderry, were arrested and cited with possession of heroin.
• At approximately 5:25 p.m., officers of the Brattleboro Police Department responded to South Main Street for a report of a pedestrian struck by a Toyota Corolla. The pedestrian, Dean Gero, 48, of Brattleboro, was transported to Brattleboro Memorial Hospital where it was determined that his injuries were minor. The driver of the Corolla, Joanne Clark, 65, of Vernon, was not injured. Both Gero and Clark said that the incident occurred as Gero was trying to cross the entrance to the rear lot of the Holstein Building on South Main Street. Clark was exiting the lot, did not see Gero, and struck him. The investigation is ongoing at this time.
• At approximately 10:09 p.m., Brattleboro Police located Nikyta J. Keniston, 25, of Brattleboro, on Landmark Hill Drive. Keniston was arrested without incident for having an active warrant for her arrest, stemming from a charge of leaving the scene of an accident.
• At approximately 11:48 p.m., the Vermont State Police conducted a motor vehicle stop on Interstate 91 in Guilford based on a traffic infraction. The operator of a Volkswagen Jetta, Patrick Loudin, 34, of Oxford, N.J., advised he was traveling to New Hampshire from New Jersey. Several indicators of alcohol use were evident and as a result, Loudin was put through field sobriety exercises. Loudin refused to complete the exercises and as a result was placed under arrest for DUI. Loudin provided a preliminary breath sample which registered a .279 BrAC. Loudin was processed and released from the Brattleboro Barracks with a criminal citation for DUI.
• At approximately 12:07 a.m., Brattleboro Police were conducting traffic enforcement on Route 5 in the area of Chicken Coop Hill. At this time a 2006 Ford truck was observed exceeding the speed limit on Route 5. Brattleboro Police subsequently observed this vehicle lose control, exiting the roadway and crashing. The operator of the vehicle was identified as Lance A. Wilkins, 29, of Vernon. Wilkins was transported to Brattleboro Memorial Hospital with non-life-threatening injuries. An investigation resulted in Wilkins being charged with DUI #2 and operating after suspension, fifth offense. Brattleboro Police were assisted at the scene by Rescue Inc., the Brattleboro Fire Department, Windham Couty Sheriff's Department and A's Towing.
• Vermont State Police responded to a two-vehicle crash at the intersection of Vermont Route 100, Main Street and Middletown Road in South Londonderry. Evan Amsden, 36, of Windham, was traveling south on Route 100 and onto Main Street when he struck the vehicle operated by Ian Greenlaw, 22, of Virginia Beach, Va., which was traveling north on Route 100 onto Middletown Rd. Both vehicles sustained damage and a residence also sustained damage after being struck by Greenlaw's vehicle. None of the occupants of the vehicles or residence were injured. The crash remains under investigation.
• At 2:36 a.m., Brattleboro Police responded to a hotel on Putney Road for a reported disturbance. As a result of this investigation, Sarah J. Stark, 52, of Hinsdale, N.H., was charged with disorderly conduct, resisting arrest and attempted assault on law enforcement.
• The Brattleboro Police Department responded to a report of an assault with a weapon. On arrival it was determined that Denise Madeja, 43, of Brattleboro, committed an assault with a large steak fork. Minor injuries resulted. Madeja was arrested and cited with aggravated domestic assault.