• The Brattleboro Police Department responded to an establishment on Flat Street for a report that a man had left without paying his bill. After an investigation, Domenic J. Palomba, 38, Brattleboro, was cited with three counts of theft of services.
• The Brattleboro Police Department responded to Canal Street after receiving a report of an unconscious male who had since awakened and began running in the travel lane of Canal Street. Upon arrival, police found John James Barrett, 26, of Brattleboro, with a knife in his hand throughout this incident, during which Barrett attempted to flee the officer. Barrett was subsequently arrested for disorderly conduct.
• Deputies from the Windham County Sheriff's Office responded to a report of a death in the town of Vernon. Upon arrival it was discovered the subject was deceased. The investigation is ongoing, but does not appear to be suspicious in nature.
• At 3:15 a.m., the Windham County Sheriff's Office Vernon Division stopped a vehicle operated by Cesar L. Moore, 21, of Guilford, for numerous motor vehicle violations as well as suspicious behavior. As a result, Moore was cited with driving under the influence and negligent operation.
• At 3:45 p.m., the Vermont State Police responded to a single-vehicle crash on Interstate 91 in Guilford. Troopers determined Patricia Black, 18, of Sunderland, Mass., was traveling north in the passing lane when her left side tires left the roadway and drifted into the median snow. Her vehicle collided with a reflector post before continuing north, at which point the vehicle veered back onto the roadway and across two lanes of travel, the entrance ramp to the Welcome Center and collided with the guardrail. At this point the vehicle rolled onto one side and continued sliding north where it collided with a large road sign for the Welcome Center before completely rolling onto its roof and coming to rest partially in the northbound primary travel lane. Black was the only occupant involved in this collision and was not wearing a safety belt at the time of the crash. She was issued a ticket for failure to maintain lane and not wearing her safety belt and transported to Brattleboro Memorial Hospital for treatment of minor injuries.
All persons named in the Police Log are innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. If you've appeared in the Police Log, and the charges were later dropped or dismissed, and you would like a follow-up to appear in print, please contact the Reformer newsroom at 802-254-2311, ext. 215, or email@example.com.