• The Windham County Sheriff's Office conducted a motor vehicle stop of a vehicle operated by Alexander Kelley, 27, of Westminster. During investigation of civil violations related to that stop it was discovered that Kelley's driver's license was subject to a criminal suspension at the time of the stop. Kelley was arrested and cited to appear in court on the charge of operation after criminal suspension.
• At approximately 11:45 p.m, the Vermont State Police initiated a traffic stop on a 2003 Volkswagen Jetta for a traffic infraction on Interstate 91 near Exit 3 in Brattleboro. As a result of inconsistencies in the occupants' stories and drug use indicators, a consent search was initiated. The operator, Patrick Perkins, 32, of Concord, Vt, denied consent for the vehicle to be searched and a warrant was sought. A search warrant was executed on Jan. 14 and police discovered 350 bags of heroin, six pills and a small amount of marijuana in the vehicle. Perkins and the other occupants of the vehicle (Holly R.
• The Windham County Sheriff's Office arrested James Davis, 45, of Saxtons River, for driving with a criminally suspended license. Davis' vehicle was stopped on Back Westminster Road in Westminster for speed. Subsequent investigation led to his arrest. He was released on a citation to appear in the Windham Superior Court, Criminal Division at a later date.
• The Windham County Sheriff's Office conducted a motor vehicle stop for a speeding offense. The operator, Jason Neumeister, 44, of Vernon, was arrested for driving with a suspended license. Neumeister was cited to appear at the Vermont Superior Court Windham division to answer to the charge.
• On Jan. 6, the Brattleboro Police Department responded to a business on Main Street for a report of a theft. Following an investigation, William Roy, 30, of Brattleboro, was cited with petit larceny and unlawful trespass.
• At 9:50 a.m., the Vermont State Police responded to a single vehicle crash on Sweet Pond Road in Guilford. Troopers determined Trent Johnson, 26, of Brattleboro, was operating while under the influence of drugs. Johnson was placed under arrest and cited with DUI No. 1, drugs, refusal.
• At approximately 1:15 p.m., Vermont State Police responded to a report of a single-vehicle motor vehicle crash at the intersection of Windy Rise Lane and Route 100 in South Londonderry. The vehicle was a black 2011 Acura MDX driven by Shea Sullivan, 41, of Londonderry. Sullivan refused medical attention. The vehicle was recovered by Wayne's towing. The cause of the crash is still under investigation.
• The Brattleboro Police Department arrested Janna Jarvis, 39, of Brattleboro, and cited her with providing false information to a police officer, operating a motor vehicle while under criminal suspension, and violating court ordered conditions of release.
• At approximately 2:30 p.m. Vermont State Police in Brattleboro where called regarding a single-vehicle crash into a tree on East Mountain Road in Guilford. State Police investigation showed that the operator of the vehicle, Timothy Wyman, 18, of Brattleboro, had lost control of his vehicle while navigating a sharp curve and struck a tree head-on, causing the vehicle to spin 180 degrees and strike another tree with the rear of the vehicle. Neither Wyman nor his two passengers were injured. One of the passengers had a Vermont State arrest warrant – Jayson X. Ford, 18, of Brattleboro, was arrested on an outstanding warrant for an unlawful mischief charge – $500 bail. He was lodged at SSCF-Springfield for lack of bail.