• As a result of an investigation conducted by Detectives from the Brattleboro Police Departments Criminal Investigation Division, Jia Ming Zheng, 19, was arrested and is facing a charge of sexual assault. Detectives implemented a search warrant on Main Street in Brattleboro Tuessday morning and he was taken into custody without incident. After his arrest Zheng was transported to the Brattleboro Police Department. As this is still considered to be an active investigation, no further information will be released at this time.
• At approximately 1:56 p.m., the Vermont State Police in Rockingham responded to a report of an Agency of Transportation Plow Truck in the median on I-91 in the area of mile marker 46/8 southbound. When Troopers arrived they identified the operator of the truck as Kevin L. Richardson, 57, of Springfield. Richardson was not injured during the crash. Richardson was treating the southbound passing lane when the truck left the roadway and entered the median. The truck sustained minor damage. The cause of the crash is still under investigation. The southbound passing lane was shut down for a short period of time while the tuck was removed from the median.
• Brattleboro Police responded to Putney Road for a reported motor vehicle crash. On arrival, police discovered three vehicles were involved in the crash. Putney Road traffic was temporarily diverted around the scene for approximately 30 minutes. Brattleboro Fire and Rescue personnel treated and transported subjects to Brattleboro Memorial Hospital. All three vehicles were towed from the scene. Ryan Fiske, 25, of from Florence, Vt., was issued tickets for operating a motor vehicle while civilly suspended and for operation too fast for weather conditions. Injuries in this crash were minor and all subjects were later released.
• Brattleboro Police responded to a report of a theft at a local store. Subsequent investigation led to the arrest of Brandon Bostwick, 28, of Brattleboro, Bostwick was issued a citation to appear in court at a later date to answer to the charge of retail theft.
• At approximately 07:10 a.m. vehicles driven by Gabriel Bergeron, 19, of Wardsboro, and Kevin Finigan, 66, of Wardboro, were involved in a head on collision on Route 100 in the town of Jamaica, near the Wardsboro town line. Investigation revealed that Bergeron was traveling north on Route 100 in a Toyota Matrix and lost control of his vehicle while attempting to negotiate a sharp curve. Bergeron's vehicle traveled into the southbound lane and struck Finigan's Jeep Wrangler head on. Both vehicles were totaled on the front end and both operators received serious injuries, Bergeron sustained serious leg injuries and Finigan sustained a broken hip.
• At approximately 2 a.m., Vermont State Police conducted a motor vehicle stop for speed and marked lanes violation on Vermont Route 103 north in Chester. During the course of the traffic stop, Troopers detected the odor of intoxicants emanating from the operator, Gary Germaine, 40, of Newington, Conn. Germaine performed field sobriety exercises and was subsequently arrested for Suspicion of driving under the influence. Germaine refused to provide a sample of his breath roadside as well as for an evidentiary test at the barracks. Germaine was issued a citation for DUI #1 – test refusal as well as a VCVC for driving too fast for conditions.
• At approximately 7:30 a.m. Brattleboro Police conducted a motor vehicle stop on Canal Street. The operator, Roger J. Nordheim, 29, of Brattleboro, was taken into custody without incident for the offense of driving while suspended (third offense). Nordheim will appear in Windham County Superior Court: Criminal Division on April 5 to answer to this charge.
All persons named in the Police Log are innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. If you've appeared in the Police Log, and the charges were later dropped or dismissed, and you would like a follow-up to appear in print, please contact the Reformer newsroom at 802-254-2311, ext. 215, or firstname.lastname@example.org.