• At about 10 p.m., the Windham County Sheriff's Office arrested Michael W. Lacoy, 31, of Guilford, for driving under the influence. Lacoy's vehicle was stopped on Route 5 in Brattleboro for a motor vehicle violation. Subsequent investigation at the scene of the stop led to the arrest of Lacoy.
• At about 10:49 p.m., the Vermont State Police were notified of a truck that had collided into a utility pole on Eastman Road in Grafton. Upon arrival, the troopers were unable to locate the operator of the vehicle. During the investigation, the operator was identified as James Gorey Sr., 66, of Grafton. Gorey was found to be under the influence of alcohol and was subsequently arrested for suspicion of driving under the influence. He was processed at the Rockingham barracks and issued a citation to appear in court.
• At about 3:20 a.m., the Windham County Sherriff's Office conducted a motor vehicle stop on Tyler Hill Road in Vernon. Rory Casey, 57, of Vernon, was arrested and cited to appear in court for driving under the influence.
• At about 2:40 p.m., Scott Taylor, 19, of West Simsbury, Conn., was stopped on Interstate 91 in Westminster and subsequently arrested for negligent operation and excessive speed. Taylor was driving north on I-91 at a speed of 107 miles per hour. Taylor was transported to the Rockingham State Police Barracks for booking and later released.
• At 11:30 a.m., the Vermont State Police arrested Bruce W. Herforth, 42, of Rutland City. Herforth was cited with abuse, neglect and exploitation of a vulnerable adult by sexual abuse. The incident allegedly occurred in Londonderry. On June 6, the police were contacted by the Springfield Hospital regarding a 52-year-old female who reported being sexually assaulted. As a result of the investigation, police identified the suspect as Herforth. On June 20, the police executed several search warrants relative to the investigation and arrested Herforth at his home in Rutland City. Herforth was ordered held on $10,000 cash bail.
All persons named in the Police Log are innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. If you've appeared in the Police Log, and the charges were later dropped or dismissed, and you would like a follow-up to appear in print, please contact the Reformer newsroom at 802-254-2311, ext. 215, or email@example.com.