• At 4:10 p.m., the Brattleboro Police Department responded to Vernon Street just south of Cotton Mill Hill for a single-vehicle crash. Investigation revealed that the operator Terri Ellis, 43, of Vernon, was traveling south on Vernon Street when she drove off the right shoulder of the roadway causing the vehicle to roll over, before landing upright. Ellis was treated at the scene for minor injuries. Members of the Windham County Sheriff's Department assisted at the scene. Both lanes of traffic on Vernon Street were closed for a brief period of time while the roadway was cleared following the crash. The crash remains under investigation at this time.
• At 3:10 p.m., the Keene, N.H., Police Department conducted a motor vehicle stop on Emerald Street for a failure to yield violation. As a result, Shawn J. Wallner, 30, of Hinsdale, N.H., was arrested and cited with possession of drug paraphernalia.
• On July 20, at 4:45 p.m., the Vermont State Police and Vermont State Game Wardens executed a search warrant at 324 Bald Hill Road in the town of Westminster. During the search, State Police seized 50 marijuana plants as well as approximately 60 grams of marijuana. On July 31, the home owner, Richard Barbour, 44, was arrested for marijuana cultivation and possession of over two ounces of marijuana.
• At 8 a.m., the Vermont State Police responded to Interstate 91 in Putney for the report of a single-vehicle accident. Troopers determined Arcadia Heron Bentley, 25, of Philadelphia, Pa., was traveling south at approximately 65 to 70 mph. Bentley was distracted by a bee inside of his vehicle and as he attempted to swat the bee from his vehicle, he drifted to the left and struck the guard rail. After striking the guard rail, Bentley abruptly turned the wheel back to the right. This action by Bentley caused him to lose control, cross both southbound travel lanes and strike the guard rail on the opposite side of the roadway. Bentley's vehicle was towed from the scene.
• At 11 a.m., the Vermont State Police responded to East West Road in Dummerston for the report of a single-vehicle crash. Troopers determined Wayne Olson, 65, of Brattleboro, was traveling west when he failed to negotiate a curve just before the bridge crossing Salmon Brook. His vehicle traveled off the right side of the pavement and plummeted down a 30-foot embankment into the stream. The vehicle landed on its side and Olson was helped out of the rear door of the van by a neighbor. He had bumps and bruises and a small laceration on his head from trying to get out of the van but he refused medical treatment. Dummerston Fire closed the road for approximately one hour while the van was recovered. Olson was issued a warning for failing to maintain his lane.
All persons named in the Police Log are innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. If you've appeared in the Police Log, and the charges were later dropped or dismissed, and you would like a follow-up to appear in print, please contact the Reformer newsroom at 802-254-2311, ext. 215, or firstname.lastname@example.org.