• The Brattleboro Police Department responded to a restaurant parking lot on Putney Road regarding two men fighting. Subsequent investigation led to the arrest of Dana McKenzie, 34, of Vermont, and Tyler Kirkwood, 26, of Texas, for disorderly conduct. Both subjects were treated for non-life threatening injuries at Brattleboro Memorial Hospital.
• At about 4:17 p.m., the Vermont State Police along with the Brattleboro Fire Department and Rescue Inc. responded to the report of a single-vehicle crash on Interstate 91 northbound in the work zone between Exits 2 and 3. Police arrived on scene to find a 2011 Chevy Malibu had crashed into the barriers and was blocking the single lane of travel on the bridge that spans the West River. Northbound traffic was stopped for about 20 minutes. Once the vehicle was removed and traffic began flowing, the operator Eric Kovalchick, 28, of Gill, Mass., was screened and later placed under arrest for driving under the influence. Kovalchick was transported to the Westminster barracks where he was processed and released with a citation.
• At about 4:37 p.m., the Vermont State Police conducted a motor vehicle stop on Interstate 91 north near mile marker 26 in Westminster. The operator, Ashley Moctezuma, 26, of Saddle Brook, N.J., had been traveling northbound on I-91 at a speed of 100 miles per hour in a 65-mph zone, and also had an infant and juvenile in her vehicle. Moctezuma was issued a citation to appear in court to answer the charges of excessive speed and cruelty to a child.
• At about 6 p.m., the Vermont State Police responded to Route 103 and Lower Bartsonville Road in Rockingham for a report of a bicyclist that had been hit by a car. During the investigation, it was determined that the operator of the bicycle, Thomas Miller, 16, of Chester, was riding his bike on the double yellow center line. Miller then turned into the northbound lane when he crashed into a 2001 Audi AA6 being operated by Lori Pinsonault, 51, of Bellows Falls. It was determined that the crash occurred because Miller was riding in the center of the roadway and crossed into the northbound lane without looking for oncoming traffic. Miller was taken to Springfield Hospital for minor injuries. The driver's side front fender of Pinsonault's vehicle was damaged.
• At about 1 a.m., the Vermont State Police responded to Route 11 in Peru near Lovers Lane. Investigation determined that Richard Ledrew, 53, of Charlestown, N.H., was driving a 1983 Honda VF1100C, when he was struck by a 2011 Subaru Impreza being operated by Brittney Pare, 36, of South Londonderry. Pare was slowing down to make a left turn into a driveway and tried to pass on the left. Ledrew sustained a minor ankle injury and refused medical attention. His motorcycle's left handlebar was bent. Pare was wearing a seat belt and had no injuries. Her vehicle's left rear fender had contact damage.
All persons named in the Police Log are innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. If you've appeared in the Police Log, and the charges were later dropped or dismissed, and you would like a follow-up to appear in print, please contact the Reformer newsroom at 802-254-2311, ext. 215, or firstname.lastname@example.org.