The Brattleboro Reformer has many colleagues around the country producing news for our "sister" papers. The Daily DFM is a "top picks" of today's national news. Consider it a collection of "things you should know, today."
1. More than a dozen semi-trucks in fatal crash in Indiana
2. Meet Team USA's curlers: Bios, videos and more
3. Raise the stakes with the Super Bowl Trash Talk Generator
4. It's hard to run a subway when the control room floods with cement
5. Google puts built-in encyclopedia front and center in search results
Welcome to your
discussion forum: Verified accounts are now required for
immediate posting. Please verify your e-mail address in Disqus, or
sign in with your social networking account. You may also post using your e-mail address (which will remain private), but those posts will first need to be approved by the moderator. Comments made here are
the sole responsibility of the person posting them; these comments do
not reflect the opinion or approval of the Brattleboro Reformer. This forum encourages open, honest, respectful and insightful discussions; there is no need to be offensive. Read the guidelines.
Step into a record store any other day of the year, and you'll probably witness something like this: A whippersnapper comes bouncing in, asking if there are any Rolling Stones "vinyls" for sale. The clerk cringes. Older customers roll their eyeballs skyward and skullward. Those beautiful black circles are called records. Or LPs. "Vinyl" is acceptable, but never "vinyls." Full Story