CLAREMONT, N.H. (AP) - Fire and police officials say a man has died in a house fire in Claremont.

Firefighters found the man on the floor of a house on Warren Street and took him to a local hospital, where he was later pronounced dead. The fire happened around 9:30 p.m. Sunday.

Officials say a preliminary investigation has determined that the fire started in a first floor bedroom and was caused by the careless use or disposal of smoking materials.

The identification of the victim is pending an autopsy that will be performed Monday by the state medical examiner in Concord.


Advertisement