CONCORD, N.H. (AP) - Two buildings that have played a major role in town life in New Hampshire have been named to the state Register of Historic Places.
Old Town Hall in Columbia, build in 1899, served a community space for town meetings, offices, and a library. Today, the town's library and offices are located elsewhere in Columbia, but the building still hosts town meeting, selectboard meetings and voting.
The Orange Town House in Orange, built in 1895, served as the local school until 1949 and the town library from the early 1950s to 1992. It functioned as the seat of town government for nearly 120 years. A 1980s addition to the building accommodated Orange's growing needs.