BRATTLEBORO -- Once again Brattleboro’s Last Night Committee presents a fun-filled, substance-free day of celebration on Tuesday, Dec. 31, for New Year’s Eve.
* The day kicks off with the Senior Potluck Luncheon at the Brattleboro Senior Center from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Sponsored by River Valley Credit Union, this year’s featured guests are Sing, Sing, Swing, featuring Scott Sizer, Lynn Lovell and Rob Fletcher.
* From 1 to 4 p.m., folks can enjoy sleigh and hay rides at Fairwinds Farm on Upper Dummerston Road (no pets please). Adults are $8 and children up to 12 years are $4.
* The children’s program this year once again features the Annies from 4 to 5 p.m., at the Brattleboro Retreat’s Educational Conference Center, sponsored by Brattleboro Savings & Loan. Just bring a non-perishable food item as admission to this performance, plus a New Year’s countdown after the show.
* New this year, Last Night is joining with Brattleboro Bowl for an evening of bowling. The price of $49 per lane includes two hours of bowling, shoes, pizza, soda, party favors, music and a light show! Call soon to reserve your lane at 802-257-1177. Bowling times are 5 or 7:15 p.m. that night.
* The Kiwanis Club is sponsoring free skating at Living Memorial Park from 6 to 9 p.m. There’ll be door prizes and hot chocolate.
* Also that evening, there will be a free Teen Dance Party at the Boys & Girls Club from 7 p.m. to 12:30 a.m., with games, food, countdown frenzy and more, sponsored by Entergy Nuclear Vermont Yankee and Members’ First Credit Union.
* And again this year the traditional concert, The Amidons and Nightingale, rounds out the evening’s entertainment at the First Baptist Church on Main Street from 7 to 9 p.m. Adults are $10, children 6-14 years old are $5 and children 5 and under are free to this annual concert sponsored the Vermont State Employees Credit Union and Brattleboro Rotary.
* After the concert, families can head on down to the Brattleboro Retreat’s warming tent from 9 to 9:45 p.m., to watch the fireworks, sponsored by the West River Marina, the Brattleboro Retreat and Sodexo. There’ll be plenty of free hot beverages and munchies to enjoy as you watch the fireworks display at 9:30 p.m., over the Retreat Meadows donated by major sponsor C&S Wholesale Grocers.
For more information, call Brattleboro Recreation and Parks Department at 802-254-5808.