GRAFTON -- The fourth annual Grafton Music Festival, a multi-day musical event, will be held from Friday through Tuesday, July 3. Most of the events are free for all ages. The pinnacle event of the Festival is the 22nd annual Vermont Symphony Orchestra concert and fireworks at Grafton Ponds Outdoor Center to be held July 3. The schedule includes:
Friday, June 29
* 6 p.m. -- The weekend kicks off with a free outdoor concert featuring Skip D, who plays light rock and pop, behind the Grafton Inn.
Saturday, June 30
* 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. -- The Grafton Expo will feature local artisans, children’s activities run by the Grafton School PTA and local food vendors.
* 1 p.m. -- Outdoor concert featuring the Sweetback Sisters. The precise harmonies of singers Emily Miller and Zara Bode recall the best of country music from the Everlys to The Judds, as well as the spirited rockabilly energy of Wanda Jackson. Held behind the Grafton Inn.
* 5 p.m. -- Outdoor concert with the Corvettes Doo Wop Revue, dedicated to preserving and performing the music of the 1950s Doo Wop era. Held behind the Grafton Inn.
Ticket prices for Saturday’s outdoor concerts are $5 for all-day pass, free for ages 12 and under.
Sunday, July 1
* 9 a.m. -- Special church service at the White Church in Grafton Village, including a hymn sing and music by Cabin Fever.
* 11 a.m. -- Free Concert with Ken and Julie Olsson, The Dynamic Two-O, at the White Church.
Tuesday, July 3
* 7:30 p.m. -- The 22nd annual Vermont Symphony Orchestra performance under the stars at Grafton Ponds Outdoor Center followed by a spectacular fireworks display. Gates open at 5:30 p.m. for picnicking. Tickets can be purchased at Brattleborotix.com or local retail outlets (found at the festival website). Details can be found at GraftonMusicFestival.com.