BRATTLEBORO -- On Thursday and Friday, Equilibrium, in partnership with many area artists and healers, will be presenting Elevation Celebration: Winter Solstice 2012.
Beginning Thursday at 7:30 p.m., with the Opening Ceremony and the Building of the Altar, all are welcome to an event that features fire-lighting, setting of intentions, drumming, chanting and Kirtan, all geared to making a heart-centered energetic offering to the universe and the Earth.
On Friday, there will be yoga at 8:45 a.m., a potluck feast from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. and enjoy a full day of events, ceremony and celebration. The program closes Friday evening with more music and dance, astro and oracle readings, collaborative art creation, massage, meditation and more.
Admission to all programs is by donation, with half of all proceeds going to a local charity to be announced. Anyone interested in getting involved, helping out or who wants to learn more can contact eqvermont @gmail.com.
The schedule includes:
* 7:30 p.m. -- doors open, building of altar begins
* 8 p.m. -- Opening Ceremony
* 9 p.m. -- Ka & the Gaia Heart Band (global drumming, chanting and Kirtan)
* 8:45 to 9:45 a.m. -- Sunrise Solstice yoga with
* 10 to 11 a.m. -- Creative Arts Class for ages 1-2 and their caregivers
* 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. -- Lunch potluck; please bring a dish to pass
* 1 to 3 p.m. -- Peruvian Shamanic Karpay Transmissions with Ed Liebfried
* 3:30 to 5 p.m. -- "The Snowflake Fairy" -- Family programming with Su Eaton
* 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. -- Kava & Cacao Circle with Sage Maurer
* 7 to 9 p.m. -- Ecstatic Dance
* 9:30 p.m. -- Wayward Instrument Ensemble
* 11 p.m. -- Closing ceremony
Healing Arts Sanctuary
* Friday, noon to 2 p.m., $1 a minute massage with Earth & Body Works
* Friday, 5 to 8 p.m. -- donation-based tarot and oracle readings with Steven Restmeyer
Throughout the slate of Solstice programming there will be an Open Art wall for collaborative creative expression.