BRATTLEBORO -- The Actors Theatre Playhouse in West Chesterfield N.H., announces open auditions for its seventh annual 10-Minute Play Festival. This year there will be seven plays and seven directors.
Auditions are on Saturday, April 27, at 9:30 a.m., and Wednesday, May 1, at 7 p.m., in the Brattleboro Savings and Loan Community Meeting Room. Performance dates are Sept. 20 to Oct. 12, Fridays and Saturdays.
Actors will be asked to read from scripts of the plays in the Festival. Actors may audition for as many plays as they wish, and they may act in more than one play. Copies of the plays are available via e-mail from the producers. Also e-mail one of the producers if you are unable to arrive at the scheduled start times or cannot attend either session.
The plays include:
* "After" by Glen Alterman, directed by Burt Tepfer, one man 30s, one woman 60s. A funeral reveals many kinds of love.
* "Claire," directed by Ben Stockman, one woman 40s. Is one therapy session enough for a suffering actress?
* "Be the Hunter" by Tom Coash, directed by Mark Tullgren. War and politics test the limits of two men’s life-long friendship.
* "The Philadelphia" by David Ives, directed by Jonny Mack, one woman 20s-40s, two men 20s-30s.
* "Phillip Glass Buys a Loaf of Bread" by David Ives, directed by Mike Jerald, two men, two women, ages 40ish or older. A famous composer tries to have a life apart from his music.
* "The Plot" by Mark Troy, directed by Marilyn Tullgren, two women, 20s-30s and 50s-60s. A controlling mother nearly kills her daughter over a cemetery plot.
* [TBD], directed by Carl Erikson
For information or to make alternate arrangements, contact one of the producers: Burt Tepfer at firstname.lastname@example.org or Mike Jerald at michaeljerald @yahoo.com For information about Actors Theatre, visit www.actors-theatre.info.