BRATTLEBORO >> Vernon drivers Pat Houle and Solomon Brow are currently atop the point standings in the Lightning Stocks and Mini Stocks divisions respectively at Monadnock Speedway in Winchester, N.H.
Brow won the Mini Stocks heat on Saturday night, with Matt Kimball, Eric Pomasko, Kevin McKnight and Alex Pearl rounding out the top five. It was the fourth win of the season for Brow, who took the lead on an early restart and later took the checkered flag on lap 25.
Houle ended up second to Louis Maher in the Lightning Stocks race, while Vernon's Hillary Renaud finished seventh. It broke a streak of seven consecutive victories for Houle.
This Saturday, Monadnock Speedway will host its two for 20 special and allow two adults to enter for just $20. Racing action will include Sportsman Modifieds, Super Stocks, Mini Stocks, Thunder Stocks, Young Guns, Classic Lites and New England Antique Racers. Race time is at 6 p.m.
The current Monadnock Speedway point standings are shown below:
1. Pat Houle of Vernon VT — 484 points
2. Dan Starkweather of Marlborough NH — 416
3. Kris Kristolaitis of Winchester NH — 400
4. Justin Littlewood of Orange MA — 392
5. Eric Silvernale of Winchester NH — 346
7. Tim Leblanc of Hinsdale NH — 316
11. Hillary Renaud of Vernon VT — 150
18. Josh Houle of Vernon VT — 32
1. Solomon Brow of Vernon VT — 474 points
2. Matt Kimball of Bennington NH — 460
3. Eric Pomasko of Peterborough NH — 436
3. Kevin McKnight of Orange MA — 436
5. Mike McGoldrick Jr. of Leyden MA — 368
1. Joel Monohan of Whately MA — 458 points
2. Tyler Leary of Hatfield MA — 456
3. Dennis Stange of Athol MA — 454
4. Robert Hagar of Windsor VT — 408
5. Tyler Lescord of Ascutney VT — 382
14. Stuart Wheelden of Guilford VT — 94