Actors Theatre still casting for ’Circle Mirror Transformation’
WEST CHESTERFIELD, N.H. -- The Actors Theatre Playhouse is continuing to schedule interviews/auditions for its 2013 production of Annie Baker’s "Circle Mirror Transformation," slated for next August.
Actors and production volunteers are welcome to e-mail for an appointment with director Josh Moyse.
In small town Vermont, five mostly strangers participate in an adult creative drama class. Through the course of the six-week class they play "theater games" that reveal themselves with stunning clarity to each other, and more importantly, to themselves.
Set in the Shirley, Vermont, community center, this beautifully crafted new comedy mixes antic sadness and hilarious detail.
The character breakdown is three women and two men (character ages approximate):
* Marty, 55-ish. She is the acting teacher. A free spirit who has become restless.
* James, 60-ish. Marty’s husband, and a teacher at the local college. A free spirit, who is now bound to the Earth.
* Theresa, 35-ish. An attractive former actress, who has recently moved up from the city to the country. She just ended a long-term relationship.
* Schultz, 48-ish. Middle-aged, divorced, lonely and living in the towns condominium complex.
* Lauren, 16-ish. A teenager, who knows she has to spread her wings, no matter how little she wants to.
For more information, a PDF copy of the script to be e-mailed to you, or to set up an appointment, e-mail actorstheatre2 @gmail.com or contact the playhouse at 877-666-1855 to leave a message.
TALK TO US
If you'd like to leave a comment (or a tip or a question) about this story with the editors, please email us. We also welcome letters to the editor for publication; you can do that by filling out our letters form and submitting it to the newsroom.