BCTV announces 'People's Choice' finalists
There is a cash prize thanks to a sponsorship from Mondo Mediaworks, a local digital marketing agency that supports BCTV volunteers in creating local content that reflects Vermont views.
"For a small town like Brattleboro, the quality of community-driven video content is simply astounding," said Luke Stafford, owner of Mondo Mediaworks. "Of course, Mondo is happy to support BCTV and ensure that our mighty public station continues to stand out."
The five finalists include:
- "Teaching at the Edge of Time," with Joanna Macy, originally aired in September 2016 and produced by Maria Dominguez.
- "Artist a la Mode: Wyld Nightz Band," aired in November 2016 and produced by Kathryn Turnas.
- "It Happens in Brattleboro: Lester Dunklee's Machine Shop," produced by Gerry Del Monico.
- "Keep Talking about Mental Health: New Help for Anxiety, Panic and OCD," produced by The Brattleboro Retreat
- Noam Chomsky's "Prospects for Survival," at UMass Amherst, produced by Ezlerh Oreste.
Votes can be cast at https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/VGCMVXV. The deadline to vote is Oct. 31.
TALK TO US
If you'd like to leave a comment (or a tip or a question) about this story with the editors, please email us. We also welcome letters to the editor for publication; you can do that by filling out our letters form and submitting it to the newsroom.