BFD beats chimney fire
BRATTLEBORO -- The Brattleboro Fire Department was able to control a chimney fire that spread to an attic in a Brattleboro home Saturday afternoon.
The fire at 21 Fuller Drive was reported just before noon Saturday.
The two alarm blaze at the home of Chris Lenois and Samirah Evans-Lenois started around a wood stove chimney where it went through the roof, the BFD Fire Investigation Team found.
BFD Chief Mike Bucossi said heavy smoke was coming from the attic and eaves of the two story house.
A second alarm was called in and firefighters found a working fire in the attic area.
The fire burned through the roof and along the roof rafters, causing extensive damage to that area of the house.
There were no injuries reported.
The fire caused extensive damage to the attic and there was water damage to the first floor.
The fire was reported under control by 1 p.m.
Howard Weiss-Tisman can be reached at 802-254-2311, ext. 279, or email@example.com. You can follow him on Twitter @HowardReformer.
TALK TO US
If you'd like to leave a comment (or a tip or a question) about this story with the editors, please email us. We also welcome letters to the editor for publication; you can do that by filling out our letters form and submitting it to the newsroom.