Brattleboro Reformer safe is available to local nonprofit
BRATTLEBORO >> The Reformer has a heavy-duty safe it no longer needs, and is offering it, free of charge, to an organization or individual that has a good use for it.
The Mosler safe is 60 inches tall, 42 inches wide and 30 inches deep. There are some shelves inside. It was new when the Reformer moved into its building in about 1981.
Here are the rules of the game:
1. To apply, you must write a short essay (150 words maximum) describing why the safe should go to you or your organization.
2. Email your essay, along with your name, address and phone number, to the publisher, Martin Langeveld, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Deadline for applications is Oct. 7 at midnight.
4. Some preference will be given to non-profit organizations, but that doesn't mean an individual or business with a great essay can't win. You need to be located within the Reformer's circulation area.
5. The winner will be notified by Oct. 11. The winner must agree to be written up and photographed by the Reformer.
6. This is very important: If you are selected as winner, you must have the safe removed from the building by professional movers no later than Oct. 20 (or later by special arrangement). Our insurance company won't have it any other way.
7. Geraldo Rivera, we're sorry, you're not eligible.
TALK TO US
If you'd like to leave a comment (or a tip or a question) about this story with the editors, please email us. We also welcome letters to the editor for publication; you can do that by filling out our letters form and submitting it to the newsroom.