Brattleboro seeking citizens to serve on committees, boards


BRATTLEBORO -- The Town of Brattleboro is looking for citizens to serve on the following committees and boards: Agricultural Advisory Board, Arts Committee, BASIC (Brattleboro Area Skatepark is Coming) -- must be Brattleboro resident, Development Review Board Alternate, Energy Committee, Fence Viewer (by statute, must be legal voter of the Town), Honor Roll Committee, Inspector, Lumber Shingles & Wood, Nelson E. Withington Fund Advisory Committee, Planning Commission, Recreation & Parks Board, Regional Economic Hub Study Group, Senior Solutions Representative, SEVCA Representative, and Tree Advisory Committee.

The newly-formed Regional Economic Hub Study Group was established by the Selectboard on Aug. 19 to investigate the impacts on the Town of Brattleboro of its role as engine of the local economy and host of local businesses and service providers, and to look for potential solutions to those issues.

Applications and more information about various committees and boards can be found on the Brattleboro website,, or by calling the Town Manager's office 802-251-8151. Anyone interested in serving on a Brattleboro committee or board should submit application online, or send an e-mail to the Town Manager's office,, or mail or deliver the application to: Brattleboro Town Manager's Office, Attn.: Committee Vacancy, 230 Main St., Suite 208, Brattleboro, VT 05301.

The deadline to submit applications is Wednesday, Sept. 9, at 5 p.m.. The Selectboard will make appointments at its meeting on Sept. 16.


If you'd like to leave a comment (or a tip or a question) about this story with the editors, please email us. We also welcome letters to the editor for publication; you can do that by filling out our letters form and submitting it to the newsroom.

Powered by Creative Circle Media Solutions