Brattleboro Senior Center activities for the week
BRATTLEBORO >> The following is the list of activities at the Brattleboro Senior Center for the week of May 23. Activities take place at the Gibson-Aiken Center, 207 Main St.
• Monday: 10 a.m., weekly movie showing; call for a listing; 11:45 a.m., pickleball in the gym; 12:45 p.m., "Let's Talk" Conversation Group with Jessy.
• Tuesday: 9:30 a.m., knitting group; 9:30 a.m., painting and sequencing with Marilyn; 9:30 a.m., strength training with Cyndy Gray; 12:45 p.m., grocery shopping at Hannaford; 1:15 a.m., beginning bridge with Dennis.
• Wednesday: 9 a.m., pickleball in the gym; 9:15 a.m., writers group; 9:30 a.m., mixed media art group; 10:45 a.m., line dancing lessons with Richard; 11 a.m., basketball in the gymnasium; 11 a.m., walking in the gymnasium; 12:30 p.m., Bridge Playing/Duplicate Boards.
• Thursday: 9 a.m., senior bowling; 9:30 a.m., knitting group; 9:30 a.m., strength training with Cyndy Gray; 10:30 a.m., Windham Walkers Hike: Little Black Mountain; 11:30 a.m., bridge playing; 1 to 2:30 p.m., bocce.
• Friday: 9:30 a.m., Pilates Plus for Seniors with Cyndy Gray; 10 a.m., beginning bridge with Dennis; 10:30 a.m., table tennis; 10:30 a.m., practice bridge playing with Anne; 12:45 p.m., van trip to Price Chopper; 1:20 p.m., pickleball in the gym.
An unforgettable tribute to the biggest names in Country Music this Century at the Venus De Milo in Massachusetts. Five amazing performances on stage; June 23, see the Highwaymen and the Queens of Country present a power-packed show featuring songs from Reba McEntire, Willie Nelson, Waylon Jennings, Johnny Cash and Dolly Parton. Best of Times will offer this trip through the Center for only $101.00 (includes: Transportation, Driver Gratuity, Luncheon & Show. Call for more details.
On June 27, travel to the New Hampshire coast for a Whale Watch. A naturalist will be on board to help identify the types of whales! Choose from a long list of lunch options; which is included in the low price of $125.
Ahoy Mateys! Sail on Kalmar Nyckel, the Tall Ship of Delaware which will be docked in Provincetown. On July 24, experience what life would have been like on board this regal 17th Century ship. Enjoy a box lunch while aboard. The price is only $149 per person.
The Winnipesaukee Scenic Railroad Train travels from Meredith, N.H., along the Meredith Bay clinging to a shelf dug out over 100 years ago; this trip will chug out of the station on October 1 and passengers will enjoy a full hot turkey dinner with all the fixin's! After the train ride there will be a stop at Kellerhouse Candies; don't miss this opportunity to see some foliage on the way home for the price of $109.
For more information, call Jessy Cudworth at 802-257-7570 or visit www.brattleboro.org.
TALK TO US
If you'd like to leave a comment (or a tip or a question) about this story with the editors, please email us. We also welcome letters to the editor for publication; you can do that by filling out our letters form and submitting it to the newsroom.