Brattleboro Senior Center activities posted
Brattleboro >> Here are the activities scheduled for the week of March 7 at the Brattleboro Senior Center.
• Monday: 10 a.m., weekly movie showing; call for a listing; 11:45 a.m., pickleball in the gym.
• Tuesday: 9:00 a.m., 9:30 a.m., knitting group; 9:30 a.m., painting and sequencing with Marilyn; 9:30 a.m., strength training with Cyndy Gray; 12:45 p.m., grocery shopping at Hannaford; 1:15 a.m., beginning bridge with Dennis.
• Wednesday: 9 a.m., pickleball in the gym; 9:15 a.m., writers group; 9:30 a.m., mixed media art group; 10:00 a.m., Tai Chi with Steve Green; 10:30 a.m., Gentle Yoga Class; 10:45 a.m., line dancing lessons with Richard; 11 a.m., basketball in the gymnasium; 11 a.m., walking in the gymnasium; 12:30 p.m., Bridge Playing/Duplicate Boards.
• Thursday: 9 a.m., senior bowling; 9:30 a.m., knitting group; 9:30 a.m., strength training with Cyndy Gray; 11:30 a.m., March Birthday Celebration with Entertainment; 11:30 a.m., bridge playing; 1 to 2:30 p.m., indoor bocce.
• Friday: 9:30 a.m., Pilates Plus for Seniors with Cyndy Gray; 10:00 a.m., beginning bridge with Dennis; 10:00 a.m., Cell Phone/Tablet Workshop; 10:30 a.m., table tennis; 10:30 a.m., practice bridge playing with Anne; 12:45 p.m., van trip to Price Chopper; 1:20 p.m., pickleball in the gym.
• Experience the Amish Country on a four-day adventure. Travel with Tye's Tours May 18-21 on a tour featuring: Three nights lodging, Amish Farmlands, QVC Studio Tour, Hersey Chocolate World, Kreider's Dairy Farm, Dinner on a real Amish Farm. The price is $499 for a double per person, $489 for a triple per person and $699 for a single per person (does not include tips for driver or guide). Pick up a flyer with more details at the Center.
• An unforgettable tribute to the biggest names in Country Music this Century at the Venus De Milo in Massachusetts. Five performances on stage; June 23 see the Highwaymen and the Queens of Country present a power-packed show featuring songs from Reba McEntire, Willie Nelson, Waylon Jennings, Johnny Cash and Dolly Parton. Best of Times will offer this trip through the Center for only $101.00 (includes: Transportation, Driver Gratuity, Luncheon & Show. Call for more details.
Enjoy a finger-snapping, toe-tapping time on this tour of America's most famed musical cities, October 16–23rd. Visit New Orleans, Memphis and Nashville as you revel in the sounds of the blues, jazz, country, and good old rock 'n' roll. Experience America's most singular city in New Orleans, home to the French Quarter where the world's great jazz musicians reside. Have your choice on tour – either stroll through New Orleans' famous French Quarter on a walking tour with a local expert or set out on a panoramic motor coach tour for a different perspective of the city. Spend two nights in Memphis, "birthplace of the blues," tour Elvis Presley's Graceland, and indulge in award-winning barbecue. Enjoy reserved seats at the Grand Ole Opry in Nashville, Tennessee and a backstage tour. Tour historic RCA Studio B and see where country legends recorded hit songs. A visit to the Country Music Hall of Fame is sure to have you humming long after you return home. For more information about this exciting trip opportunity contact Jessy at the Center.
For more information, call Jessy Cudworth at 802-257-7570 or visit www.brattleboro.org.
TALK TO US
If you'd like to leave a comment (or a tip or a question) about this story with the editors, please email us. We also welcome letters to the editor for publication; you can do that by filling out our letters form and submitting it to the newsroom.