Brow, Houle atop standings
BRATTLEBORO >> Heavy rain forced Monadnock Speedway to cancel its racing card on Saturday night. The JBH 100, featuring the Granite State Pro Stock Series, has been rescheduled to Sept. 17.
On Aug. 6, Vernon's Solomon Brow won the Mini Stock race at the oval in Winchester, N.H. Brian Robie (Sportsman Mods), Robert Hagar (Super Stocks), Craig Chaffee (Lightning Stocks) and Devin Guy (Young Guns) also prevailed.
Brow previously took the checkered flag on April 30, June 25 and July 30. He also has four seconds and a trio of thirds this season.
Pat Houle, of Vernon, earned his first of seven straight Lightning Stock wins of the season on May 21. His impressive streak came to an end on July 30 when he finished second to Louis Maher.
On Saturday, Monadnock Speedway will host the Victor Johnson Memorial 100 and Tribute to Mario Fiore presented by Swanzey Oil. The special event will include the last visit of the season for the Valenti Modified Racing Series, plus Sportsman Modifieds, Super Stocks, Mini Stocks, Lightning Stocks, Thunder Stocks and Young Guns. Race time will be at 6 p.m.
Mini Stock standings
1. Solomon Brow, Vernon VT, 524 points
2. Matt Kimball, Bennington NH, 508
3. Eric Pomasko, Peterborough NH, 482
4. Kevin McKnight, Orange MA, 480
5. Mike McGoldrick Jr., Leyden MA, 404
Lightning Stock standings
1. Pat Houle, Vernon VT, 484 points
2. Dan Starkweather, Marlborough NH, 416
3. Kris Kristolaitis, Winchester NH, 400
4. Justin Littlewood, Orange MA, 392
5. Eric Silvernale, Winchester NH, 346
6. Tim Leblanc, Hinsdale NH, 316
10. Hillary Renaud, Vernon VT, 150
17. Josh Houle, Vernon VT, 32
TALK TO US
If you'd like to leave a comment (or a tip or a question) about this story with the editors, please email us. We also welcome letters to the editor for publication; you can do that by filling out our letters form and submitting it to the newsroom.