Brow wins at Monadnock Speedway
BRATTLEBORO >> Vernon's Solomon Brow finished first in the Mini Stock race and Vernon's Pat Houle placed third in the Lightning Stock heat on Saturday at Monadnock Speedway in Winchester, N.H.
Brow took the lead on the second lap and held off Matt Kimball on a late restart for his third victory in a row. Houle would battle for third with Eric Silvernale during the Lightning Stock event, eventually taking the position with an outside pass on the final lap.
Hillary Renaud, of Vernon, wound up sixth in the Lightning Stock race. Hinsdale's Tim Leblanc took 12th.
This Saturday, Monadnock Speedway will host the new England Truck Series and New England Antique racers along with the speedway's weekly divisions. Race time is at 6 p.m.
Mini Stock point standings
1. Solomon Brow, Vernon VT, 574 points
2. Matt Kimball, Bennington NH, 556
3. Eric Pomasko, Peterborough NH, 528
4. Kevin McKnight, Orange MA, 524
5. Mike McGoldrick, Leyden MA, 440
Lightning Stock point standings
1. Pat Houle, Vernon VT, 530 points
2. Dan Starkweather, Marlborough NH, 446
3. Kris Kristolaitis, Winchester NH, 400
4. Justin Littlewood, Orange MA, 392
5. Eric Silvernale, Winchester NH, 390
7. Tim Leblanc, Hinsdale NH, 316
10. Hillary Renaud, Vernon VT, 190
20. Josh Houle, Vernont VT, 32
TALK TO US
If you'd like to leave a comment (or a tip or a question) about this story with the editors, please email us. We also welcome letters to the editor for publication; you can do that by filling out our letters form and submitting it to the newsroom.