Bullock caps off impressive XC career
Sophomore Marlee Starliper, of Pennsylvania, prevailed in 17:47. New York's Katherine Lee was just three seconds back, and New Hampshire's Jacqueline Gaughan was third in 17:54.
Bullock was the first finisher from the Green Mountain State, besting Moretown's Erin Magill (58th) and South Burlington's Camille Bolduc (67th).
The Dummerston resident struck gold in the 1500 and was second in the 3000 at the state track meet in June. The Putney School does not have a team, so she practiced with the Colonels at Brattleboro Union High School and competed as an Independent.
This fall, Bullock repeated as the Division 3 girls cross-country state champion — being clocked in 20-minutes flat in Thetford. She then placed 20th in the New England meet in 18:43.
Northeast Regional's Top 30
1. Marlee Starliper, Pennsylvania
2. Katherine Lee, New York
3. Jacqueline Gaughan, New Hampshire
4. Morgan McCormick, Connecticut
5. Page Lester, Washington DC
6. Savannah Shaw, Pennsylvania
7. Abigail Green, Maryland
8. Eleanor Lawler, Rhode Island
9. Abby Loveys, New Jersey
10. Taryn Parks, Pennsylvania
11. Kate Wiser, Connecticut
12. Rebecca Durham, New Hampshire
13. Sarah Roffman, Massachusetts
14. Sofie Matson, Maine
15. Jenna Zydanowicz, Connecticut
16. Corinne Barney, New Jersey
17. Rachel Kenny, New Jersey
18. Meredith Bloss, Connecticut
19. Maggie Maier, New York
20. Gianna Capoccia, New York
21. Eva Borton, New York
22. Madeline McLain, Pennsylvania
23. Roshni Singh, New York
24. Emily Schuler, Pennsylvania
25. Brooke Hutton, Pennsylvania
26. Delaney Bullock, Vermont
27. Kaitlyn Roffman, Massachusetts
28. Isabelle Goldstein, Pennsylvania
29. Andrea Demko, Pennsylvania
30. Dana Lynch, New York
TALK TO US
If you'd like to leave a comment (or a tip or a question) about this story with the editors, please email us. We also welcome letters to the editor for publication; you can do that by filling out our letters form and submitting it to the newsroom.