Carzello claims 3rd win
BRATTLEBORO >> Keith Carzello took the lead on the sixth lap and held on for his third victory of the season on Saturday night at Monadnock Speedway. He is now third in the series point standings, just behind Bill Kimball and Kim Rivet.
Points leader Solomon Brow of Vernon took fourth in the Mini Stocks heat. Matt Kimball, Mike McGoldrick and Eric Pomasko were the top three finishers.
Monadnock Speedway will be back in action this Saturday and Sunday. Saturday night racing will feature the final stop from the Pro 4 Modifieds along with the speedway's weekly divisions. Race time is at 6 p.m. On Sunday, the speedway will host the MudBog Mudslinger Series Event featuring five divisions. Mud starts flying at noon. For more information, log onto the speedway's website at www.monadnockspeedway.com.
Mini Stocks Point Standings
1. Solomon Brow of Vernon VT, 668 points
2. Matt Kimball of Bennington NH, 650
3. Eric Pomasko of Peterborough NH, 622
4. Kevin McKnight of Orange MA, 612
5. Mike McGoldrick Jr. of Leyden MA, 530
Lightning Stocks Point Standings
1. Pat Houle of Vernon VT, 578 points
2. Dan Starkweather of Marlborough NH, 476
3. Eric Silvernale of Winchester NH, 430
4. Tim Paquette of Bennington NH, 414
5. Kris Kristolaitis of Winchester NH, 400
7. Tim LeBlanc of Hinsdale NH, 348
11. Hillary Renaud of Vernon VT, 190
22. Josh Houle of Vernon VT, 32
TALK TO US
If you'd like to leave a comment (or a tip or a question) about this story with the editors, please email us. We also welcome letters to the editor for publication; you can do that by filling out our letters form and submitting it to the newsroom.