CDA, Write Action put words in motion
BRATTLEBORO -- The Center for Digital Art, Write Action and the Brattleboro Literary Festival team up on a collaborative exhibit of video art that incorporates "words" and "video."
The event will be held on Thursday at 7:30 p.m., at the Center for Digital Art in the Cotton Mill and will featured about an hour and a half of works created by several video artists in collaboration with poets, writers, etc.
The works include:
* "Her: A Haiku" by John Cantine of Pittsburgh, 58 seconds, 2009
* "Walk Through Walls" by Travis Diehl of Los Angeles, 8:03 min, 2010
* Untitled work by Emily Anderson of Buffalo, N.Y., and Jen Morris of Brattleboro. Running time approximately 5 minutes.
* "Perpetual Peace" by Michelle Dizon, with music by Prism Band. Production assistants are Arnold Rosal, Frederick Pablo, Semijun Jalendoni, Jomar Orsua. Running Time: 45:37.
* "An Inverted Fairy Tale" by Jon McAuliffe, 4 minutes.
* "Birthday" by Humberto Ramirez, video by Dharma Ramirez, 2 minutes.
* "Chopin" by Humberto Ramirez, 2 minutes.
* 3 Videoart Works for Sandglass Theater’s "D-Generation -- An Exaltation of Larks" -- Videoart by Michel Moyse, with introduction by Michael Hanish, 15 minutes.
TALK TO US
If you'd like to leave a comment (or a tip or a question) about this story with the editors, please email us. We also welcome letters to the editor for publication; you can do that by filling out our letters form and submitting it to the newsroom.