Dance teams return for 39th Marlboro Morris Ale
BRATTLEBORO -- More than 250 Morris dancers are converging on Windham County this weekend to take part in the 39th Marlboro Morris Ale.
At least 18 teams from the local area and from far afield will be dancing at several locations in Windham County on Saturday and Sunday, culminating in large public dances on Saturday at 5 p.m., on Elliot Street in Brattleboro and on Sunday at 5 p.m., outside the Newfane Courthouse.
The teams attending include Albermarle Morris Men, And Sometimes Y, Bubble Rapper, Goathland Plough Stots, Great Meadows Morris and Sword, Guiding Star Clog Morris, Half Moon Sword, Jack in the Green Morris Men, Marlboro Morris Men, Marlboro Morris and Sword, Muddy River Morris, The Newtowne Morris Men, Orion Longsword, Pinewoods Morris Men, Rock Creek Morris Women, Ring O’Bells Morris, The Toronto Morris Men and Windham.
The schedule is:
* 2-3:30 p.m. -- Brattleboro, various locations;
* 5 p.m. -- Elliot Street
* 11:30 a.m. -- Whetstone Inn in Marlboro and Dutton Farm Stand in West Brattleboro;
* 11:45 a.m. -- Crafts Inn in Wilmington;
* Noon -- Marina Restaurant in Brattleboro;
* 12:15 p.m. -- Putney Garden/Putney Co-op in Putney;
* 3 p.m. -- I-91 Vermont Welcome Center and Saxtons River Historical Society in Saxtons River;
* 3:30 p.m. -- Valley Cares in Townshend, Dutton Farm Stand in Newfane and the Covered Bridge in Dummerston;
* 5 p.m. -- Newfane Courthouse, Newfane.
For more information, visit www.marlboromorrisale.org.
TALK TO US
If you'd like to leave a comment (or a tip or a question) about this story with the editors, please email us. We also welcome letters to the editor for publication; you can do that by filling out our letters form and submitting it to the newsroom.