Halifax home saved in fire

Posted
HALIFAX — A home at 614 Green River Road was saved from a fire Monday afternoon.

"I think the guys did a heck of a good job," Halifax Fire Chief Wayne Courser said. "Thank you to the mutual aid."

He believes the fire was upgraded to a second alarm due to all the fire equipment on scene. Departments from Brattleboro, Marlboro, and Whitingham joined the Halifax crew.

Courser said Everett Wilson, who lives at the home, reported the fire and stood in the driveway as firefighters arrived. Water from Halifax and Whitingham tankers was used.

Courser said the interior saw some smoke damage. He believes a pellet stove caused the fire.

"I'm not sure what happened," he said, "but nothing suspicious."

He asked the homeowners not to turn on the power until an electrician approved.

Reach staff writer Chris Mays at cmays@reformer.com, at @CMaysBR on Twitter and 802-254-2311, ext. 273.

TALK TO US

If you'd like to leave a comment (or a tip or a question) about this story with the editors, please email us. We also welcome letters to the editor for publication; you can do that by filling out our letters form and submitting it to the newsroom.



Powered by Creative Circle Media Solutions