• The Vermont State Police received a report of a stolen Dell laptop from a residence on Back Windham Road in Townshend. The complainant reported that during the morning hours, it was discovered that the laptop was missing. During the investigation, it was determined that the laptop was last seen on March 30 but was not discovered missing until April 4. During that window of time, the owner of the laptop had traveled to various locations in Townshend and Jamaica. Anyone with information about this incident is encouraged to contact Sgt. Chris Buckley of the Vermont State Police Brattleboro Barracks at 802-254-2382 or call the State Police Crime Information Tip Line at 802-241-5355. Anonymous crime tips can also be sent using your mobile device. Text the keyword VTIPS to the shortcut CRIMES (274687) and share the tip you have about a crime.
• At approximately 11:24 p.m., Gerald R. Wilmoth, 36 of Saxton River, was traveling east on Vermont Route 121 in Rockingham. Wilmoth traveled off the northern side of the roadway and struck a tree. The vehicle sustained heavy front end damage. Wilmoth sustained minor injuries and was treated on scene. He was subsequently arrested for DUI and later transported to Springfield Hospital for chest pains.
• At approximately 12:50 p.m., Rebecca L. Mazelli, 18, of Dummerston, was traveling east on Rice Farm Road at approximately 20 miles per hour. Anthony S. Dematteo Jr., 46 of Dummerston, was traveling west on Rice Farm Road at approximately 20 miles per hour. As the two vehicles approached each other, Mazelli moved her vehicle over to the side of the roadway to give Dematteo additional space to pass by. As a result of moving over to the right, Mazelli struck a rock ledge at the edge of the roadway. After striking the rock ledge, Mazelli's vehicle bounced into the path of travel of Dematteo's vehicle and the two vehicles collided. Mazelli's vehicle was towed from the scene. Dematteo drove his vehicle from the scene. There were no reported injuries.
• At approximately 6:19 p.m., Brattleboro Police and Fire departments responded with Rescue Inc. to a three-vehicle collision in the area of 141 Canal Street. The street was closed to traffic from 6:25 to 7:01 p.m. The collision involved a Ford F150 which was operated by Jonathon Goselin, 24, of Brattleboro, a Toyota Rav4 which was operated by Karen Kale, 72, of Brattleboro, and a Jeep Cherokee which was operated by Jacob Hazlett, 40, of Brattleboro. Kale was transported to Brattleboro Memorial Hospital, where she was treated for minor injuries. The incident is still under investigation. Anyone with information is asked to contact the police department at 802-257-7950.
• At approximately 7:47 p.m., the Vermont State Police responded to a motorcycle crash on Saxtons River Road in Rockingham. The reason for the crash was not determined at the time of the press release. The operator, Charles Dolloph, 17, of Grafton, was flown to Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center due to serious but not life-threatening injuries. Anyone who may have witnessed the accident is asked to contact Trooper Ryan Wood at the Vermont State Police Rockingham Barracks at 802-875-2112.
All persons named in the Police Log are innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. If you've appeared in the Police Log, and the charges were later dropped or dismissed, and you would like a follow-up to appear in print, please contact the Reformer newsroom at 802-254-2311, ext. 215, or email@example.com.
TALK TO US
If you'd like to leave a comment (or a tip or a question) about this story with the editors, please email us. We also welcome letters to the editor for publication; you can do that by filling out our letters form and submitting it to the newsroom.