• At 10:40 p.m., the Bellows Falls Police Department responded to Our Place Drop-in Center for the report of a disturbance. As a result, Robert Covillion, of Bellows Falls, was cited with a hate motivated crime, aggravated disorderly conduct and two counts of violating the conditions of his release. The complainant advised officers that Covillion, who appeared to be intoxicated, had pushed and swore at him and called him racial slurs.
• At 9:30 a.m., the Bellows Falls Police Department received a report that Gary Lescord, of Bellows Falls, had violated the conditions of release by coming in contact with a person who he was prohibited from contacting. As a result, Lescord was cited with two counts of violating his conditions.
• At 4:15 p.m., the Vermont State Police responded to the West River bridge construction zone on Interstate 91 in Brattleboro for the report of a two-vehicle crash. Troopers determined Sarah A. Cohen, 19, of Dix Hills, N.Y., was traveling south when she glanced down at her GPS. As a result, she was unable to recognize that the vehicle in front of her, operated by Timothy J. Kingsbury, 64, of Putney, had stopped. Cohen reported that when she looked back at the roadway, she took evasive action to try to avoid colliding with the vehicle but was unable to do so. The driver's side front end of Cohen's vehicle struck the passenger side rear of Kingsbury's vehicle. After Cohen hit Kingsbury's vehicle, she traveled across the southbound lane and struck the bridge on the west shoulder of the roadway. Both vehicles were towed from the scene due to damage sustained. Rescue Inc. responded to the scene and transported Cohen to Brattleboro Memorial Hospital. Traffic in the area was slowed and backed up as a result of the crash for approximately one hour.
• At 8:50 p.m., the Vermont State Police stopped a speeding motor vehicle on Interstate 91 in Brattleboro. Troopers detected the presence of marijuana in the car and a search warrant was applied for. As a result, Matthew J. Tattersall, 25, of Southington, Conn., was cited with possession of marijuana.
• At 8:25 p.m., members of the Bellows Falls Police Department observed a vehicle driving around a barricade on Rockingham Street and navigating through a crowd that had gathered for Old Home Day. As a result, Tammy Sears, 42, of Bellows Falls, was arrested and cited with driving under the influence.
• The Chesterfield, N.H., Police Department is investigating a burglary that occurred at 10:30 p.m. at Pierre's Place on Route 9 in West Chesterfield. According to a press release, entry was gained by smashing a front window of the store. The New Hampshire State Police and officers from the Brattleboro Police Department assisted on the scene. The Chesterfield Police Department is in the process of obtaining images from the store's surveillance system. If anyone has any information pertaining to this burglary, they are encouraged to contact Chief Chickering at 603-363-4233. To provide an anonymous tip, go to www.nhchesterfield.com/police and select the anonymous tip button.
All persons named in the Police Log are innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. If you've appeared in the Police Log, and the charges were later dropped or dismissed, and you would like a follow-up to appear in print, please contact the Reformer newsroom at 802-254-2311, ext. 215, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
TALK TO US
If you'd like to leave a comment (or a tip or a question) about this story with the editors, please email us. We also welcome letters to the editor for publication; you can do that by filling out our letters form and submitting it to the newsroom.