• The Brattleboro Police Department received a report of a disorderly person at a business on Canal Street. Subsequent investigation led to the arrest of Elise Nuccio, 22, of Brattleboro, for aggravated disorderly conduct and criminal contempt for violating conditions of release.
• At about 4 p.m., Vermont State Police responded to a family fight at Randall Hill Road in Rockingham. During the investigation it was determined that Billy Tiller, 35, of Rockingham, had assaulted another person at the residence. Tiller was arrested for second degree aggravated domestic assault and violation of abuse prevention order. Tiller was transported to the Rockingham State Police Barracks where he was fingerprinted, photographed, and issued a citation to appear in the Windham County Superior Court Criminal Division. Vermont Probation and Parole revoked Tiller's probation and he was transported to the Southern State Correctional Facility where he was held without bail.
• The Windham County Sheriff's Office located a ring at the Vermont Superior Courthouse in Brattleboro. If you have lost a wedding band type ring, please notify the Sheriff's Office at 802-265-4942, or come by the court house Monday thru Friday 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Be prepared to describe the ring in detail.
• At about 3 p.m., a member of the Vermont State Police was on duty participating in a detail focused on combating speeding violations, aggressive driving and distracted driving. While monitoring northbound traffic on Interstate 91 in Dummerston, the trooper activated the laser unit and clocked a motorcycle being operated by Jason Esposito, 32, of East Ryegate, travelling 122 miles per hour in the posted 65-mph zone. A motor vehicle stop was conducted and Esposito was taken into custody. He was transported to the Brattleboro Barracks for processing. Esposito was issued a citation to appear in court to answer to the charges of excessive speed and negligent operation.
• The Vermont State Police responded to East Hill Road in Townshend and learned that between November 15, 2015 and July 2, 2016, an individual or individuals forced entry into a seasonal home on East Hill Road near Route 30 in Townshend then searched the home and stole a box of liquor. Damage was done to the home when entry was forced. Anyone with information about this incident is encouraged to contact Trooper Travis Valcourt at 802-254-2382 or call the Vermont State Police Crime Information Tip Line at 802-241-5355. Anonymous crime tips can also be sent using your mobile device. Text the keyword VTIPS to the shortcut CRIMES (274687) and share the tip.
• At about 1 p.m., the Brattleboro Police Department responded to Putney Road near the intersection of Park Place for a two-vehicle crash. Investigation revealed that Avery Baldwin, 29, of Vernon, was operating a motorcycle travelling north on Putney Road in the area of Park Place when he was struck by a Toyota Prius being operated by Dorothy Smith, 69, of Westmoreland, N.H., who was turning right from a driveway on Putney Road. Baldwin was transported to Brattleboro Memorial Hospital, where he was treated for minor injuries. The northbound lane on Putney Road was closed for a brief period of time while the roadway was cleared following the crash. The incident remains under investigation.
All persons named in the Police Log are innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. If you've appeared in the Police Log, and the charges were later dropped or dismissed, and you would like a follow-up to appear in print, please contact the Reformer newsroom at 802-254-2311, ext. 215, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
TALK TO US
If you'd like to leave a comment (or a tip or a question) about this story with the editors, please email us. We also welcome letters to the editor for publication; you can do that by filling out our letters form and submitting it to the newsroom.