• Following the report of a sexual assault that occurred in Brattleboro, the Vermont State Police began an investigation. Troopers spoke to a juvenile who alleged Aaron Barcomb, 23, of Brattleboro, sexually assaulted her. As a result, Barcomb was cited and ordered to appear in court on Sept. 27.
• On May 6, 2015, the Brattleboro Police Department's Criminal Investigation Division received a report about possible fraud and forgery. Detectives learned that Harold Howe Jr., 33, of Brattleboro, had taken money and signed over checks to himself that belonged to his father. On Sept. 16 he was cited with false personation.
• At 8:15 a.m., the Vermont State Police responded to Interstate 91 in Brattleboro for the report of a single-vehicle crash. Troopers determined Lauren Hunley, 21, of Brattleboro, was traveling on the Exit 1 southbound on-ramp at approximately 40 mph when her vehicle left the roadway and struck a rock ledge on the side of the roadway. No injuries were sustained in this crash and Hunley's vehicle was towed from the scene by AL's Towing of Vernon.
• At 6 p.m., the Vermont State Police responded to Interstate 91 in Dummerston for the report of a single-vehicle crash. Troopers determined Robert L. Worthington, 66, of Montgomery Center, was traveling north when he drifted in the center median. Worthington attempted to correct the vehicle, causing it to roll over multiple times and then roll down the embankment on the right side of the roadway. Worthington and one passenger, Erik Worthington, 13, were transported to Brattleboro Memorial Hospital with serious injuries, while the other passenger, Teancom Worthington, 11, was air lifted to Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center in Lebanon, N.H. Rod's Towing removed the vehicle from the scene. Investigation into the cause of the crash is still ongoing.
• At 4:20 p.m., the Vermont State Police responded to Route 30 in Dummerston for the report of a two-vehicle collision. Troopers determined Benjamin Somin, 31, of Lexington, Mass., turned left off of East West Road to travel south on Route 30 when he pulled in front of a vehicle being driven north by Ryan Mcgrath, 23, of Newfane. There were no injuries and both vehicles were driven away. Somin was issued a warning for a left turn violation.
• At 5:05 p.m., the Vermont State Police responded to a single-vehicle crash on Taft Road in Townshend. As a result, Christopher Timmons, 21, of Brattleboro, consented a roadside breath test, resulting in a .118 percent blood alcohol concentration. He was arrested and cited with driving under the influence.
• At 6:50 p.m., the Brattleboro Police Department cited Brent Mansur-Carr, 34, of Hinsdale, with violating his court ordered conditions of release.
All persons named in the Police Log are innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. If you've appeared in the Police Log, and the charges were later dropped or dismissed, and you would like a follow-up to appear in print, please contact the Reformer newsroom at 802-254-2311, ext. 215, or email@example.com.
TALK TO US
If you'd like to leave a comment (or a tip or a question) about this story with the editors, please email us. We also welcome letters to the editor for publication; you can do that by filling out our letters form and submitting it to the newsroom.