• The Brattleboro Police Department responded to a grocery store on Canal Street in Brattleboro for a report of two female shoplifters. Following an investigation, Christine M. Terry, 32, of Brattleboro, was cited with retail theft.
• The Vermont State Police conducted a motor vehicle stop on Interstate 91 in Brattleboro for a car being operated erratically. As a result, Kelly French, 33, of Brattleboro, was arrested and cited with driving under the influence — refusal, driving with a suspended license and violating the conditions of his release.
• At 2:50 p.m., the Vermont State Police conducted a motor vehicle stop for a speeding vehicle on Interstate 91 in Guilford. As a result, Desiree Farnsworth, 23, of Marshfield, was arrested and cited with operating a vehicle with a criminally suspended license.
• The Vermont State Police is investigating the burglary that occurred at a residence on Route 30 in Townshend sometime between the hours of 10 a.m. and 8 p.m. If anyone saw anything suspicious, call 802-245-2382, ext. 534.
• At 7:15 p.m., the Vermont State Police responded to a report of an incapacitated vehicle on Rice Farm Road in Dummerston. As a result, Jeremiah E. Fisher, 36, of Keene, N.H., was taken into custody and cited with driving while intoxicated.
• At 10:15 a.m., the Vermont State Police clocked a vehicle traveling at 105 mph in a 65 mph zone on Interstate 91 in Rockingham. As a result, Ervine M.G. Aiken, 32, of Canaan, N.H., was taken into custody and cited with excessive speed.
• Brattleboro Police officers received an anonymous report of a wanted subject on Putney Road. Subsequent investigation led to the arrest of Heather L. Parker, 19, of Brattleboro, under the authority of two warrants. While detained it was discovered Parker had regulated drugs on her person. Parker was issued a citation of possession of depressant, stimulant and narcotic drugs. Parker will appear in court at a later date to face the charge.
• The Brattleboro Police Department responded to the intersection of Canal Street and Maple Street for a motor vehicle accident involving a bicycle. When police arrived they found the driver of the vehicle, Travis Phillips on Maple Street at the intersection of Canal Street and a 13-year-old bicyclist lost control of his bicycle coming down Canal Street and ran into the side of the vehicle. There were no reported injuries.
• During the early morning hours of April 14 four suspects burglarized the Sawyer Bentwood Inc. building on Maple Drive in Whitingham. The suspects stole various items and discharged fire extinguishers inside the building. Anyone one with information regarding the incident should contact Trooper Sam Wood at (802) 254-2382.
All persons named in the Police Log are innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. If you've appeared in the Police Log, and the charges were later dropped or dismissed, and you would like a follow-up to appear in print, please contact the Reformer newsroom at 802-254-2311, ext. 215, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
TALK TO US
If you'd like to leave a comment (or a tip or a question) about this story with the editors, please email us. We also welcome letters to the editor for publication; you can do that by filling out our letters form and submitting it to the newsroom.