• Brattleboro Police were called to a business on Canal Street for a trespassing complaint. When police arrived they found that Shane Wetherby, 40, of Brattleboro, had entered the business that he had previously been trespassed from. Wetherby had also taken merchandise from the business. Wetherby was later located by police and issued a citation to court for a later date and time.
• At 25 minutes past midnight, the Brattleboro Police Department received a report of a one-vehicle collision with a pole on Clark Street. The operator left the scene and headed towards the area of South Main Street. On arrival, the BPD made contact with Shamel Trowell, 27, of Brattleboro, who was arrested and cited with leaving the scene of an accident and negligent operation.
• At 1:20 a.m., the New Hampshire State Police conducted a motor vehicle stop on Broad Street in Claremont. As a result, Barbara McGivern, 43, of Bellows Falls, was cited with operating a vehicle after being certified as a habitual offender.
• At 2:40 a.m., the Windham County Sheriff's Office conducted a motor vehicle stop in Vernon on Fort Bridgman Road. As a result, Eva L. Gwinn, 44, of Brattleboro, was cited with driving under the influence and negligent operation.
• While conducting a patrol on Putney Road, a Brattleboro police officer came upon a disabled vehicle in the area of the Black Mountain Square. The operator was identified as Kirra Hughes, of Brattleboro. Following an investigation, Hughes was cited with driving under the influence of alcohol.
• At 2 p.m., the Vermont State Police conducted a motor vehicle stop on Route 30 in Townshend. As a result, James Buss IV, 24, of Manchester Center, was cited with driving under the influence.
• Brattleboro Police responded to Canal Street for a disorderly subject. When police arrived an investigation took place and the involved party, Michael Bills, 55, of Brattleboro, was arrested for DUI. Bills was transported to the Brattleboro Police Department for processing and then held until sober.
• The Windham County Sheriff's Office responded to a home on Fort Bridgman Road in Vernon. As a result, Jason Skibniowsky, 28, of Vernon, was arrested and cited with violating the conditions of his release.
• Shortly after midnight, Brattleboro Police conducted a motor vehicle stop on High Street. The operator of the vehicle, Roger J. Furman, 52, of Enfield, N.H., was subsequently placed under arrest without incident for the offense of DUI. Furman was lodged at the Brattleboro Police Department and will appear in the Windham Superior Court: Criminal Division on March 22 to answer to this charge.
• At 7:30 p.m., the Vermont State Police responded to a residence on Old Forrester Road in Stratton. As a result, Mark A. McIntire, 40, of Stratton, was arrested and cited with violating his court-ordered conditions of release.
• At 10:25 p.m., the Vermont State Police conducted a motor vehicle stop on Interstate 91 in Brattleboro. As a result, Christopher LaGrange, 30, of Meriden, Conn., was arrested and cited with driving under the influence.
All persons named in the Police Log are innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. If you've appeared in the Police Log, and the charges were later dropped or dismissed, and you would like a follow-up to appear in print, please contact the Reformer newsroom at 802-254-2311, ext. 215, or email@example.com.
TALK TO US
If you'd like to leave a comment (or a tip or a question) about this story with the editors, please email us. We also welcome letters to the editor for publication; you can do that by filling out our letters form and submitting it to the newsroom.