• At 8:40 p.m., the New Hampshire State Police conducted a motor vehicle stop on Route 11 in Charlestown. As a result, Patrick Richardson, 31, of Bellows Falls, Vt., was cited with operating a vehicle with a revoked or suspended license.
• On Jan. 4, the Brattleboro Police Department responded to a suspicious circumstance in the Washington and Prospect Street area. A weed whacker was recovered as a result of this incident. As of this, time officers have been unable to identify the owner of the weed whacker. If you are missing your weed whacker from the Washington and Prospect Street area, contact the Brattleboro Police Department at 802-257-7950.
• At 9:25 a.m., the Brattleboro Police Department took into custody Colin S. Campbell, 22, of Brattleboro, on an active arrest warrant stemming from charges of excessive speed and negligent operation.
• At 2:45 p.m., the Vermont State Police conducted a speeding motor vehicle stop on southbound Interstate 91 in Guilford. As a result, Keith Dutcher, 52, of East Hampton, N.Y., was arrested and cited with operating a vehicle with a criminally suspended license. He was also ticketed for traveling 86 mph in a 65-mph zone.
• At 8:05 a.m., the Vermont State Police responded to Route 30 in Jamaica for the report of a two-vehicle crash. Troopers determined Matthew Jensen, 27, of New York City, was traveling south at 30 mph when he swerved to avoid colliding with a Jeep, driven by Justin Mowatt, 37, of Whitehall, N.Y., that slid through a stop sign on Mountain Acres Road into oncoming traffic. As a result, Jensen's vehicle went off the road and struck a large rock in a culvert.
• At 1:45 p.m., the Vermont State Police responded to East West Road in Dummerston for the report of a two-vehicle collision. Troopers determined Jason W. Quinn, 40, of Brattleboro, was traveling west while Neil Montgomery, 62, of Dummerston was traveling east just east of the Black Mountain Road intersection. As Quinn traveled west and entered a sharp curve to the right his vehicle began to fishtail. Quinn was unable to maintain control of his vehicle. Quinn attempted to regain control of his vehicle but in doing so crossed into the westbound travel lane. Montgomery also entered the same sharp curve to the right and encountered Quinn's vehicle blocking his lane of travel. Quinn's vehicle was struck on the passenger side by the front end of Montgomery's vehicle in a "T-bone" type crash. There were no reported injuries at the scene. Both vehicles were driven from the scene.
TALK TO US
If you'd like to leave a comment (or a tip or a question) about this story with the editors, please email us. We also welcome letters to the editor for publication; you can do that by filling out our letters form and submitting it to the newsroom.