• At 7:40 p.m., the Vermont State Police conducted a motor vehicle stop on Interstate 91 in Westminster for a speeding vehicle. As a result, Michael Merrigan, 24, of Brattleboro, was arrested and cited with driving under the influence.
• At 12:35 p.m., the Windham County Sheriff's Office responded to Fort Bridgman Road in Vernon for the report of a two-car motor vehicle crash. Deputies determined Cody Mayhew, 22, of Vernon, was traveling south when his vehicle collided with a vehicle being operated by John Davis, 49, also of Vernon. At the time of the collision, Davis was coming to a stop in a construction zone. As a result, Mayhew was issued a Vermont Civil Violation Complaint for operating without liability insurance.
• The Windham County Sheriff's Office is investigating a report of property damage done by a motor vehicle on Fort Bridgman Road near the 7th Day Adventist Church. At approximately 11:20 p.m., a light colored vehicle exited the travel lane while traveling south, colliding with a culvert. Following the collision, the vehicle drove across the lawn and gardens of the residence and left the scene. Anyone with information is asked to contact Lt. Anderson at 802-254-6962.
• At 11:15 p.m., the Vermont State Police conducted a motor vehicle stop on Interstate 91 in Rockingham. As a result, Frederick Milne, 50, Shelton, Conn., tested with a blood alcohol content of .202 percent. He was also found to have an active arrest warrant for failing to appear in court. He was arrested and cited with driving under the influence and operating a vehicle with a suspended license. In addition, a passenger in the vehicle, Noah Mayes, 52, also of Shelton, Conn., was found to have recently operated the vehicle on I-91. Mayes provided a sample of his breath, which indicated his BAC was approximately .101 percent. Mayes was arrested and cited with driving under the influence.
• At 6:20 p.m., the Brattleboro Police Department responded to Williams Street for a report of a vehicle striking a street sign. Officers located the operator of the vehicle, Seth W. Pichette, 39, of Brattleboro, on Elm Street, and conducted an investigation which led to the arrest of Pichette for driving under the influence, leaving the scene of an accident, gross negligent operation of a motor vehicle, and child endangerment. No one was injured during the incident. This investigation is ongoing. Anyone who has not already provided information to the police regarding this incident should call 802-257-7950.
All persons named in the Police Log are innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. If you've appeared in the Police Log, and the charges were later dropped or dismissed, and you would like a follow-up to appear in print, please contact the Reformer newsroom at 802-254-2311, ext. 215, or email@example.com.
TALK TO US
If you'd like to leave a comment (or a tip or a question) about this story with the editors, please email us. We also welcome letters to the editor for publication; you can do that by filling out our letters form and submitting it to the newsroom.