• At 9:50 a.m., the New Hampshire State Police conducted a motor vehicle stop on Route 11 in Newport. As a result, Beau Donovan, 20, of Walpole, N.H., was arrested and cited with unlawful possession of alcohol, driving under the influence and reckless operation.
• At 7 p.m., the New Hampshire State Police cited David Thirsher, 43, of Chesterfield with unlawful activities: litter control.
• At 10:40 a.m., the Brattleboro Police Department took into custody Linda G. MacDonald, 56, of Shelburne, Mass., on an active warrant for her arrest stemming from a charge of DUI.
• The Brattleboro Police Department arrested and cited Forest Hughes, 23, of Brattleboro, with unlawful mischief after he kicked a hole in a wall at the Municipal Building.
• At 1:20 a.m., the Keene, N.H., Police Department responded to the Marriott on Railroad Street to the report of an intoxicated man. As a result, Joseph Hoyle, 31, of Vernon, was taken into protective custody.
• At 1:35 p.m., the Vermont State Police took into custody Jeffrey Bolton, 58, of Bellows Falls, on an outstanding arrest warrant issued by the state of Indiana.
• At 1:45 p.m., the Vermont State Police responded to Evans Road in Dummerston for the report of an altercation. As a result, Jacob Topping, 19, of Jamaica, was arrested and cited with domestic assault.
• The Brattleboro Police Department responded to a business on Putney Road for a burglary alarm. When police arrived they learned the building had been broken into. Following an investigation, Alex Gero, 24, of Brattleboro, was arrested and cited with burglary.
• The Bellows Falls Police Department conducted a several-month-long investigation into the distribution of drugs in the Bellows Falls area. During this investigation, Bellows Falls Police identified Elizabeth J. McAllister, 53, of Bellows Falls, as being involved. The home of McAllister was searched and a large amount of various prescription pills packaged for re-sale, more than over two ounces of marijuana, hash and suspected psilocybin mushrooms were located. McAllister was arrested and cited to appear in court at a later date.
• At 6 p.m., the Vermont State Police responded to Tyler Hill Road in Guilford for the report of a motor vehicle crash. Troopers learned from Aaron Gray, Sr., 20, of Brattleboro, that while he was stopped at a stop sign he was hit by an oncoming GMC Traverse or similar-styled vehicle that was turning right onto Tyler Hill Road from Route 5. After striking Gray's vehicle, the Traverse backed up and then continued eastbound on Tyler Hill Road towards Vernon. The GMC Traverse was being operated by an elderly male and was observed to have blue registration plates with a "veteran" sticker on the rear window. Anyone with information about this incident is encouraged to contact Trooper Valcourt at 802-254-2382 or 802-241-5355.
TALK TO US
If you'd like to leave a comment (or a tip or a question) about this story with the editors, please email us. We also welcome letters to the editor for publication; you can do that by filling out our letters form and submitting it to the newsroom.