• The Bellows Falls Police Department received a report of shoplifting from J&H Sporting Goods. The complainant advised that the shop keeper was currently in foot pursuit of the suspect in the Square. Officers intercepted the foot pursuit on Rockingham Street in the area of Donovan's Bar and the suspect, later identified as, Korbyn Bacon, 20, of Westminster, was taken into custody on Canal Street.
• At 12:45 p.m., the Bellows Falls Police Department responded to an apartment on The Square for the report of an altercation. As a result, Bridgette Lawlor, of Bellows Falls, was taken into custody and cited with domestic assault.
• Following an investigation that started following a traffic stop on Jan. 21 on Rockingham Street, Jennifer A. Gagnon, 25, of West Lebanon, N.H., was arrested and cited with possession of heroin. During the traffic stop, the driver of the vehicle, Joshua King, 25, of West Lebanon, N.H., refused to give permission to police to search the vehicle. During the course of the traffic stop, Bellows Falls Police K9 Caesar was deployed to perform an exterior scan of the vehicle. K9 Caesar alerted to the presence of drug odors. The vehicle was seized pending the application of a search warrant. On Jan. 22, a warrant was applied for and granted for a search of the vehicle and its contents. During the course of the search, police officers located heroin in a compartment inside the vehicle. King was arrested on Jan. 23.
• At 11:20 a.m., the Vermont State Police responded to Guilford Center Road in Guilford for the report of a single vehicle crash. Troopers determined Scott Hatfield, 21, of Guilford, On 02/07/2016 at approximately 11:20 am, Scott Hatfield was headed east on Weatherhead Hollow Road when he swerved to avoid hitting an oncoming truck that had crossed the centerline. Hatfield's truck went off the road and rolled over and he sustaine minor injuries. The truck was removed by Rick's Towing.
• The Brattleboro Police Department responded to a report of suspicious circumstances in the area of Flat Street. As a result, Brian Murphy, 27, of Burlington, Mass., was arrested and cited with driving under the influence.
• At 9:30 a.m., The Bellows Falls Police Department responded to the intersection of Pond Road and Morgan Street for a report of a Greyhound Bus being stuck in the mud. Pond Road was shut down for a brief time as the bus was completely blocking the road. There was minor damage to the bus as well as private property. The investigation is ongoing.
TALK TO US
If you'd like to leave a comment (or a tip or a question) about this story with the editors, please email us. We also welcome letters to the editor for publication; you can do that by filling out our letters form and submitting it to the newsroom.