• The Bellows Falls Police Department responded to an apartment on Williams Street Extension for a report of an active assault that was occurring. Kristine Burpee, 30, of Bellows Falls, was arrested for simple assault. Burpee was transported to the Southern State Correctional Facility for lack of $250 cash bail. Burpee is expected to appear in Windham Superior Court Criminal Division on Feb. 22, to answer to the charge. Officers from the Windham County Sheriff's Department and the Vermont State Police as well as EMTs from the Bellows Falls Fire Department and Golden Cross assisted.
• The Brattleboro Police Department received a report of a one-vehicle collision with a pole on Clark Street. The complainant stated the operator was leaving the scene and heading towards the area of South Main Street. Officers made contact with Shamel Trowell, 27, of Brattleboro, on South Main Street. Trowell was arrested for leaving the scene of an accident. There were no injuries related to the collision and Clark Street remained open. Trowell will appear in court at a later date.
• Brattleboro Police Department responded to a motel on Marlboro Road for a citizen's dispute. Subsequent investigation led to Herbert Fagans III, 29, of Brattleboro, receiving a citation for disorderly conduct. Fagans will appear in court at a later date to face the charge.
• Bellows Falls Police conducted a traffic stop on Burt Street in Bellows Falls for a traffic offense. Officers observed drug paraphernalia in the vehicle and the operator granted consent to search the vehicle. During the investigation, the passenger, Jonthony S. Maldonado of Springfield, Mass., was found to have approximately 62 grams or just over two ounces of crack cocaine packaged for re-sale on his person. Maldonado was arrested and ordered held on $15,000 cash or surety bond with conditions. Maldonado was transported to the Southern State Correctional Facility for lack of bail.
• At 4:18 a.m., the Bellows Falls Police Department responded to the intersection of Atkinson Street and Burt Street for a report of a 17-year-old male injured in the roadway. Upon arrival, a juvenile was found to have been robbed and assaulted, causing serious bodily injury. In the afternoon hours of Feb. 26, one male was arrested outside a residence on Pine Street. A search warrant was then executed on the residence where the second male was arrested. Both males were charged as adults and lodged at Southern State Correctional Facility in lieu of bail.
• While conducting a patrol on Putney Road, a Brattleboro Police officer came upon a disabled vehicle in the area of Black Mountain Square. The operator was identified as Kirra Hughes, 28, of Brattleboro. Subsequent investigation of the nature of the disabled vehicle led to the arrest of Hughes for driving under the influence of alcohol. Hughes was transported to the Brattleboro Police Department where she was processed, cited and released to appear in Windham County Superior Court at a later date.
All persons named in the Police Log are innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. If you've appeared in the Police Log, and the charges were later dropped or dismissed, and you would like a follow-up to appear in print, please contact the Reformer newsroom at 802-254-2311, ext. 215, or email@example.com.
TALK TO US
If you'd like to leave a comment (or a tip or a question) about this story with the editors, please email us. We also welcome letters to the editor for publication; you can do that by filling out our letters form and submitting it to the newsroom.