BELLOWS FALLS >> The Department of Corrections is seeking information on the location of Kevin Morin, 21, who is on furlough but did not report to his registered address at 11 Underhill Ave. in Bellows Falls. He was last seen at the probation and parole office in Springfield on Jan. 6. His current offenses include burglary, two counts of passing a drug to a minor, violating the conditions of his release and giving false information to a police officer. Morin is 5' 6" tall, weighs 165 pounds with strawberry blond hair and blue eyes. For more information contact District Manager Rae Hirst at 802-885-8889.
• The Brattleboro Police Department began an investigation into a possible retail theft, which had occurred at an establishment on Putney Road. Upon completion of the investigation, Joseph Butts, 25, of Brattleboro, was cited with retail theft.
• At 2:30 a.m., the Vermont State Police conducted a motor vehicle stop on Interstate 91 in Westminster for a vehicle traveling at 103 mph in a 65-mph zone. As a result, Dillon Balemian, 22, of Rockville Centre, New York, was arrested for excessive speed.
• At 2:30 p.m., the Windham County Sheriff's Office responded to a report of a motor vehicle crash and rollover in the area of the Vernon Town Office on Fort Bridgman Road. Upon arrival it was determined that the vehicle had rolled onto its side and ended up in the ditch off the west side of the road. Further investigation revealed that the operator, Eli Knowles, 24, was traveling south in excess of the posted speed limit when he crossed the railroad tracks and lost control of his vehicle, causing it to leave the road and roll onto it's side. Knowles was checked by medical personnel and released at the scene. He was ticketed for traveling too fast for conditions and operating a vehicle with no registration. The Sheriff's Office was assisted on scene by the Vernon Fire Department and Rescue Inc. Rick's Towing removed the vehicle.
• At 3:55 p.m., the Walpole, N.H., Police Department responded to a two-car motor vehicle crash at the intersection of Route 12 and Blackjack Crossing Road. The New Hampshire State Police also responded and assisted with the crash scene.
The operators involved were Eileen Fletcher, 25, of Walpole, operating a Toyota Corolla and Matthew Bozogan, 60, of Walpole, operating a Honda Civic. The initial crash investigation revealed that Bozogan was traveling north on Route 12 while Fletcher was southbound and turning onto Blackjack Crossing Road. At this time the cause of the crash appears to be intersection related. Neither drugs nor alcohol appear to be contributing factors.
Bozogan was extricated from his vehicle by members of the Walpole Fire Department. Both Fletcher and Bozogan were transported by the Walpole Ambulance to Cheshire Medical Center in Keene, N.H.
• At just past 10 p.m., the Vermont State Police conducted a motor vehicle stop on Interstate 91 in Rockingham for a vehicle that was traveling at 97 mph in a 65-mph zone. As a result, Travis Gaston, 22, of Monroe, N.H., was arrested and cited with excessive speed.
• The Vermont State Police is currently investigating a burglary that occurred between Dec. 28 and 30 to a home on Holland Hill Road in Putney. Multiple items, including a firearm, were stolen from the home. Anyone with information regarding the incident is encouraged to contact Trooper Sam Wood at 802-254-2382.
• The Brattleboro Police Department responded to Third Level Drive for the report of an assault. Following an investigation, Jeannine Harris, 45 of Brattleboro, was taken into custody.
• At 10:15 p.m., the Vermont State Police responded to a single-vehicle crash on Route 30 in Dummerston. Troopers determined Brian V. Rossi, 27, of Farmingdale, N.Y., was traveling north when he lost control of his vehicle due to icy conditions. Rossi's vehicle crossed the southbound lane and exited the roadway backwards, sliding into the shoulder before rolling onto its driver's side. No injuries were sustained in this crash and Rossi's vehicle was towed by Rick's Towing of Guilford.
• The Windham County Sheriff's Office Vernon Division arrested Christopher P. McAuliffe, 19, of Brattleboro, and cited him with driving under the influence and negligent operation.
• The Brattleboro Police Department responded to a residence on South Main Street for a reported verbal altercation. Following an investigation, James Neveu, 59, of Brattleboro was cited with being in violation of his conditions of release.
• At 7:50 p.m., the Vermont State Police responded to Interstate 91 in Dummerston for the report of a two-vehicle collision. Troopers determined Kellie Fisher, 33, of Lebanon, N.H., was traveling north at approximately 70 mph when she drove into a slower moving vehicle being operated by Antonio Palatino, 72, of Plymouth. Palatino indicated that he was traveling at 50 mph due to the wet road condition, as he feared the roadway may become icy due to the falling temps. No injuries were sustained in this crash. Fisher's vehicle was towed from the scene by Rick's Towing of Guilford, while Palatino's vehicle was towed from the scene by Rod's Towing of Putney.
All persons named in the Police Log are innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. If you've appeared in the Police Log, and the charges were later dropped or dismissed, and you would like a follow-up to appear in print, please contact the Reformer newsroom at 802-254-2311, ext. 215, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
TALK TO US
If you'd like to leave a comment (or a tip or a question) about this story with the editors, please email us. We also welcome letters to the editor for publication; you can do that by filling out our letters form and submitting it to the newsroom.