BRATTLEBORO >> In March 2015, reporting from a press release issued by the Vermont State Police, the Reformer noted Miriabi Grzywacz, was facing cruelty to animals charges. However, no charges were ever filed in a court of law.
• At just before 10 p.m., the New Hampshire State Police conducted a motor vehicle stop on Route 9 in Chesterfield. As a result, Rebecca Hill, 30, was cited with operating a vehicle after revocation or suspension.
• At just before 10 p.m., the New Hampshire State Police conducted a motor vehicle stop on Route 101 in Keene. As a result, Cathrine Degarmo, 65, of Spofford, was arrested and cited with aggravated driving under the influence.
• At 11:10 a.m., the New Hampshire State Police conducted a motor vehicle stop on Washington Street in Claremont. As a result, Christopher Hall, 26, of Bellows Falls, was cited with operating a vehicle with suspended or revoked license.
• At 9:30 a.m., the Brattleboro Police Department conducted a motor vehicle stop on Linden Street. A passenger in the vehicle was identified as John Righi, 28, of Brattleboro, who was found to have an active warrant for his arrest, stemming from a charge of possession of heroin. Righi was taken into custody without incident.
• At 5 a.m., the Vermont State Police responded to Interstate 91 in Guilford for the report of a single-vehicle rollover. Troopers determined Richard Wittemore, 58, of Hinsdale, N.H., was traveling north when he lost control of his vehicle on snow-covered roads. The Guilford Fire Department and Rescue Inc. assisted at the scene.
• The Vermont State Police is investigating a burglary that occurred at a residence on Landgrove Road in Londonderry sometime between Dec. 30 and Jan. 4. Anyone who has information is urged to call 802-875-2112.
• At 3:20 p.m., members of the Brattleboro Fire Department, Brattleboro Police Department and Rescue Inc. responded to a multiple car collision in the area of 896 Putney Road. Investigation showed that a blue Subaru Impreza operated by Benjamin Quest, 48, of Putney, collided with a black Jeep Wrangler operated by William Shepard, 69, of Keene, N.H. Quest's vehicle then collided with a white Honda Pilot operated by Kara Gelke, 38, of Dummerston and then with a utility pole on the southbound side of Putney Road.
The southbound lane of Putney Road in that area was occupied by emergency service vehicles and traffic was diverted around the scene between 3:20 and 4:50 p.m. Traffic flow was returned to normal when all involved vehicles were removed from the scene.
Representatives from Fairpoint and Green Mountain Power were called to the scene due to damage to the utility pole. Two subjects were transported to Brattleboro Memorial Hospital with minor injuries. The details of this crash are still under investigation at this time. Anyone with information about the crash is asked to contact the Brattleboro Police Department at 802-257-7950.
TALK TO US
If you'd like to leave a comment (or a tip or a question) about this story with the editors, please email us. We also welcome letters to the editor for publication; you can do that by filling out our letters form and submitting it to the newsroom.