By Reformer Staff
At approximately 4 p.m. on Wednesday, March 30, members of the Brattleboro Fire Department, Rescue Inc. and the Brattleboro Police Department responded to a motor vehicle collision involving a pedestrian at the intersection of Canal Street and Birge Street. The collision involved a Buick Rendezvous operated by Nevada Kohler, 24, of Brattleboro, and a motorized bicycle operated by a 16-year-old male. The 16-year-old was brought to Brattleboro Memorial Hospital for injuries he sustained. The extent of injuries were determined to be minor. The collision is still under investigation at this time. Anyone with information is encouraged to contact the Brattleboro Police Department at 257-7950.
• At approximately 3:44 a.m., the Windham County Sheriff's Office Vernon Division stopped at vehicle on West Road in Vernon for an equipment violation. Subsequent investigation led to the arrest of Ryan E. McGrath, 22, of Winchester, New Hampshire, for DUI and negligent operation of a motor vehicle.
• At approximately 8:53 p.m., the Vermont State Police conducted a motor vehicle stop at the junction of Vermont Route 11 and Magic Mountain Access Road in Londonderry for a defective equipment violation. During the stop, it was determined that the operator of the vehicle, Mitchell R. Smith, 24, of Jamaica, had consumed marijuana prior to operating the vehicle and was impaired. Smith was arrested for suspicion of DUI and transported to the Rockingham State Police barracks for processing. During a consent search of the vehicle, approximately 2.7 grams of marijuana and marijuana paraphernalia were located. Smith was issued a citation for DUI.
• At approximately 6:10 p.m., Vermont State Police stopped Harry Goddard, 61, of Newfane, for a motor vehicle violation on Route 30 in Townshend. He was subsequently arrested on suspicion of DUI. He was processed at the Brattleboro Barracks and released. He was also issued a ticket for operating without a license.
• At approximately 11:27 p.m., Brattleboro Police responded to a residence on Elliot Street for a reported altercation. Subsequent investigation resulted in Jennifer Wilcox, 32, of Brattleboro, being charged with disorderly conduct.
• At approximately 12:38 a.m., an officer from the Windham County Sheriff's Department stopped a vehicle on Coolidge Highway in Guilford for a motor vehicle violate. Subsequent investigation led to the arrest of Scott L. Kent, 38, of Guilford for DUI. Kent was cited to appear before the Vermont Superior Court: Criminal Division at a later date and lodged at Southern State Correctional Facility until sober.
• At approximately 3:57 a.m., members of the Brattleboro Police Department came into contact with Brandon L. Porter, 24, of Brattleboro, on Main St. Porter was taken into custody without incident after it was determined that Porter had an active warrant for his arrest, stemming from a charge of petit larceny.
• At 9:50 a.m., members of the Brattleboro Police Department located Jessica A. Cox, 30, of Brattleboro, and she was taken into custody without incident for having an active arrest warrant, stemming from a charge of retail theft.
All persons named in the Police Log are innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. If you've appeared in the Police Log, and the charges were later dropped or dismissed, and you would like a follow-up to appear in print, please contact the Reformer newsroom at 802-254-2311, ext. 215, or email@example.com.
TALK TO US
If you'd like to leave a comment (or a tip or a question) about this story with the editors, please email us. We also welcome letters to the editor for publication; you can do that by filling out our letters form and submitting it to the newsroom.