• The Hinsdale, N.H., Police Department arrested Kristopher Parsons, 48, of Brattleboro, and cited him with failing to register as an offender against a child.
• The Hinsdale, N.H., Police Department arrested David Roebuck, of Winchester, N.H., after he attempted to elude an officer who tried to stop him for a motor vehicle infraction. Roebuck lost control of his vehicle and crashed near the T-Bird Gas Station on Route 119. He was cited with disobeying a police officer and reckless operation.
• At 1:10 a.m., the East Dorset Fire Department responded to 127 Birchstone Lane for a structure fire. Upon arrival crews found a fully involved single-story home with a walk-out basement. An aggressive exterior attack was conducted and the fire was quickly brought under control. The fire was called in by a neighbor who was asleep on the couch and on their way to bed they could see a glow through the curtains. No one was home at the time of the fire and no injuries were reported. East Dorset Fire Department received support from departments in Dorset, Manchester and Danby and Manchester Rescue. Damages are estimated to be around $200,000. The East Dorset Fire Chief requested assistance in investigating the origin and cause of the fire from The Department of Public Safety Fire Investigation Unit. Two investigators from the unit responded to the scene and conducted an investigation. The fire is listed as undetermined but not considered suspicious at this time. Anyone with information regarding this fire is asked to call the Division of Fire safety 802-786-0071.
• The Hinsdale, N.H., Police Department arrested Cheri Lacount, of Hinsdale, and cited her with domestic assault and criminal restraint.
• The Vermont State Police is investigating the theft of a campaign sign from the lawn of a home on Pleasant Street in Saxtons River. Anyone who might have information is urged to call the State Police at 802-875-2112.
TALK TO US
If you'd like to leave a comment (or a tip or a question) about this story with the editors, please email us. We also welcome letters to the editor for publication; you can do that by filling out our letters form and submitting it to the newsroom.