• At 5:05 p.m., the Keene, N.H., Police Department conducted a motor vehicle stop on Emerald Street. As a result, Samantha R. Pelc, 25, of West Chesterfield, was cited with operating a vehicle with a suspended or revoked license.
• At 11:20 p.m., the Vermont State Police responded to a single vehicle crash on Bellows Falls Road in Putney. Troopers determined Patryk D. Henry, 19, of Nashua, N.H., was traveling north at approximately 50 mph when his steering locked up. Henry's vehicle struck a guardrail on the right side of the road. After striking the guardrail, Henry's vehicle crossed the highway and crashed into a ditch on the left side of the road. No injuries were sustained in this crash and Henry's vehicle was removed by Rod's Towing of Putney. The Vermont State Police was assisted by the Windham County Sheriff's Department.
• Officers of the Brattleboro Police Department responded to a business on Main Street for a report of a theft. Subsequent investigation led to Rodney Lumbra, 54, of Brattleboro being issued a citation for retail theft. Lumbra will appear in Windham County Superior Court: Criminal Division at a later date to face the charge.
• Officers of the Brattleboro Police Department responded to Canal St. for a fight. As a result, Phyllis Parent, 26, of Brattleboro, was arrested and cited with violation of an abuse prevention order and domestic assault.
• Vermont State Police were called to respond to a hit-and-run crash that occurred on Carol Brown Way in the Putney at 3:30 p.m. The caller indicated a vehicle struck a parked vehicle and then fled the scene. The caller followed the vehicle from the scene and provided location information so State Police could intercept the vehicle. State Police stopped the vehicle near exit 2 southbound on I-91 in Brattleboro. The driver was identified as Stanley Schweiger, 72, of Longmeadow, Mass. He admitted to having a collision and leaving the scene. At the scene, State Police found that a parked vehicle that was unoccupied at the time of the crash was struck and had substantial damage. Witnesses at the scene reported seeing Schweiger exit his vehicle after the collision and then flee the scene. Schweiger was arrested and charged with leaving the scene of an accident.
• At approximately 8:52 p.m., a member of the Vermont State Police, Brattleboro Station responded to Interstate 91 (southbound) in Putney for a car versus deer crash. The operator reported that as he was traveling southbound, a wild deer crossed onto the highway in front of him and he was unable to avoid it. Investigation revealed that a vehicle being driven by Curtiss Reed, 61, of Brattleboro, was traveling south at approximately 65 mph when he struck a deer. No injuries were sustained in this crash and Reed's vehicle was towed from the scene by A's towing of Guilford.
• At approximately 2:48 a.m., Vermont State Police observed a commercial business van parked on the side of Interstate 91 south, near mile marker 38 in Rockingham. Troopers located the operator of the vehicle, Anselmo Ramos, 42, of Ludlow, Mass., sleeping on the front seats. While speaking to the operator, Troopers detected the odor of intoxicants and administered field sobriety exercises. Ramos provided a sample of his breath which indicated his BAC was approximately 0.205 percent. Ramos was arrested for suspicion of driving under the influence and was transported to the Rockingham State Police Barracks. Ramos was processed for the offense and issued a citation for DUI #1. He was ordered to be held until sober at the Southern State Correctional.
TALK TO US
If you'd like to leave a comment (or a tip or a question) about this story with the editors, please email us. We also welcome letters to the editor for publication; you can do that by filling out our letters form and submitting it to the newsroom.